Best tablet for a phantom 4?

Reaction score
Hello all, can you tell me the best tablet to use with a phantom 4?
I have a Samsung 7 inch that I bought new about 4 months ago that does not seem to handle the video's from my drone.
Everything works fine with my samsung 10+ phone but would like a bigger screen

Me Samsung user ,,yip my 8" tab a got bit slow as app grew larger with more demand,,I buy Samsung 10/1 tab a (sm-p585y),,,couple years and still works flawless,,only down side its bit on the heavy side...also add it has multiple apps installed and is me phone...
20190909_083633.jpg
20190909_082546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jefti
Me Samsung user ,,yip my 8" tab a got bit slow as app grew larger with more demand,,I buy Samsung 10/1 tab a (sm-p585y),,,couple years and still works flawless,,only down side its bit on the heavy side...also add it has multiple apps installed and is me phone...View attachment 114381View attachment 114380
Looks a bit on the large side there Ian! Feller might need a big tripod to hold that contraption up!

I might mention that I reset my tablet and removed everything not needed to run the DJI app. I have a memory card in to for needed memory. Works fine for me.

I have a Samsung 7 inch that I bought new about 4 months ago that does not seem to handle the video's from my drone.
Everything works fine with my samsung 10+ phone but would like a bigger screen

I've switched from my 8 inch Samsung tablet to a NVIDIA K1 Shield. Much much better. I can actually see the screen in bright sun light now!

I just looked up the nvidia k 1 tablet. There are alot of them used around $200 and found a new one at $450, do these prices sound right?

If you put up a search on eBay - you can score a deal on one. I bought a second one - just in case something bad happens.
NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet 16GB Internal +32GB SD Card, Controller, World Adapter -- $122.50
NVIDIA K1 Shield.jpg

MY iPad mini 4 is my go to device for all my drones. The Dji go app is actually built for IOS.

Reactions: jimlips
Nothing against crApple, other than they're sorry, overpriced and underpowered POS... Your opinions may vary. ?

If you put up a search on eBay - you can score a deal on one. I bought a second one - just in case something bad happens.
NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet 16GB Internal +32GB SD Card, Controller, World Adapter -- $122.50
View attachment 114397
Since it was mentioned in this thread I've been looking at the NVIDIA Shield K1 as well. I would think that, if it were dedicated to the drone only and ya didn't monkey around fillin it up with other junk like @Tom Connell said, it would be ok for my P4P. I'm having issues with my Galaxy Tab A which is getting old and slow...

If you want the best Android tablet for flying, look at the Huawei M5 (or M3 if you can still find one).
The Nvidia K1 might have been a good flying tablet in it's day but it was released in 2014!!.
It's not really up to running current versions of the app without issues.
You need a faster processor and >2GB of RAM nowdays.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
If you want the best Android tablet for flying, look at the Huawei M5 (or M3 if you can still find one).
The Nvidia K1 might have been a good flying tablet in it's day but it was released in 2014!!.
It's not really up to running current versions of the app without issues.
You need a faster processor and >2GB of RAM nowdays.
Is this the same as what you're referring to?

Is this the same as what you're referring to?

That's the one.
But the price is amazing ... is it a genuine ad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues