Best Purchase option for P4 Pro

Reaction score
I was going to wait for the Mavic Pro to show up but I've decided to go with the P4 Pro instead.

I'm in the process of getting my FAA 107 so I can subsidize my photography business with drone footage so the P4 Pro seems like the best tool for the job.

My question is where should I buy? The local Bestbuy says they'll price match. I've also heard there are some good deals to be had. I'm just curious if anyone had a suggestion on a place to get a deal. I'd be interested in a bundle that has extra batteries and a decent case if it's a decent deal.

I did a search but didn't see any recent discussions. I'm hoping with the Mavic showing up soon the price should be coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You'll get the best deal if you purchase online from an authorized DJI dealer since you won't have to pay tax.

You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon here and a list of DJI dealers here. Or, buy a Phantom tax-free directly from DJI here.

Last edited:
Reactions: IFlyHi
Don't use BH Photo.

Best buy is great if you want a brick and mortar store. They have a solid return policy too.

Advexure and Florida Drone Supply are both good online retailers.

Reactions: Waternut13134
ThePixelHub on ebay has great deals on bundles. Extra batteries, backpacks etc. and great customer service.

Don't use BH Photo.

Best buy is great if you want a brick and mortar store. They have a solid return policy too.

Advexure and Florida Drone Supply are both good online retailers.
why should you not use B H photo?

Is the built in screen worth the extra money. I have an Ipad 2. I'm not sure if it will fit on the controller. My main concern is picture quality.

It's really up to you. Here's a good review of the P4P+ remote controller:

Is the built in screen worth the extra money. I have an Ipad 2. I'm not sure if it will fit on the controller. My main concern is picture quality.
iPad 2 wont run GO4.

Reactions: IFlyHi
I have had terrific experience with B&H including tech support and a couple of returns. Flawless. Free shipping and no sales tax out of NY.

I have a P4P+ after a P4 with Samsung 7". The built -in monitor is excellent as is the seamless firmware upgrades.

I have had terrific experience with B&H including tech support and a couple of returns. Flawless. Free shipping and no sales tax out of NY.

I have a P4P+ after a P4 with Samsung 7". The built -in monitor is excellent as is the seamless firmware upgrades.
As a whole they are a good company,however the company they contract to handle DJI products aren't the best and have caused a good amount of heartache to people.

Does you built in screen glitch when flying and filming 4k?

That's funny, I've bought every DJI product through B&H including my 2nd P4P that just arrived yesterday. I've always bought used from them and had an issue here or there (like the 1st P4P) but on the whole the savings are worth it and up until today they didn't charge tax in NJ. Don't know what I will do for future drone purchases.

Same experience for me with BH. Never had a problem and got my drone in 4 days from NY to CA free shipping. I bought the DJI warranty directly from DJI so I really wouldn't deal with BH on an issue regardless once I knew my drone was functional. The packaging for shipping was great too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think the moral of the story is to work with a company that you know has an easy return/exchange process (just in case you need to use it). For example, Amazon will allow you to return Phantoms within 30 days (if they ship the order). There are other companies that have similar return policies, but they probably aren't as lenient as Amazon and/or they don't have as smooth of a return process (e.g. B&H).

I've purchased a lot of camera gear from B&H over the years. I've never had a problem with anything I've purchased so I've never had to deal with an RMA. Solid company imho. Too bad the company taking care of the DJI gear is so bad. It seems like DJI has the price pretty well locked down so I may just go to the local Bestbuy and see if the will price the best Amazon bundle with batteries.

I bought my P4P from Best Buy last Friday. I returned it this Friday because of gimbal tilt. They exchanged it for a new P4P with no issues. Took 15 minutes. I would say find somebody with a good return policy.

I was going to wait for the Mavic Pro to show up but I've decided to go with the P4 Pro instead.

I'm in the process of getting my FAA 107 so I can subsidize my photography business with drone footage so the P4 Pro seems like the best tool for the job.

My question is where should I buy? The local Bestbuy says they'll price match. I've also heard there are some good deals to be had. I'm just curious if anyone had a suggestion on a place to get a deal. I'd be interested in a bundle that has extra batteries and a decent case if it's a decent deal.

I did a search but didn't see any recent discussions. I'm hoping with the Mavic showing up soon the price should be coming down.

I have a Phantom 4 pro and tree batteries I bought from Carolina Dronz. It is still in the boxes and never opened. The reason I am selling is I ordered it and then found my wife bought me the same thing for my birthday. I simply do not need two. 1779.00 shipped to you will three batteries. This is the same thing I paid for it. Let me know if you are interested. Either way, good luck with the finest drone on the planet for the money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1