Best place to buy P4 batteries?

Reaction score
Warmed up to 20F. Time to start back flying. Where is the best place to buy batteries. Lost a few in the last year.

I'm fortunate to have a local Tier 1 DJI distributor who doesn't price gouge. I'd go straight to the source if I had that option.

I’ve gotten some good ones eBay.

I only look at the ones that have less than 20 charge cycles and zero damage, no matter if it only seems cosmetic.

Had good luck so far. Pay and average of $100.

Thanks everyone. It was a shock when I saw them for $199 on DJI's site. Hadn't priced them for a while. The $160 at Ebay seems more in line what I remember.

Me and 2 friends have purchased a total of 6 of these off brand batteries.
$89.99 + tax. Nothing but good luck with them so far. Battery reports same as OEM, fit well, good flight time, no over heating. Time will tell. I have 4 OEM's with less that 50 charges that are bulging and in the junk pile. Amazon.com: JoyBros Phantom 4 Battery 15.2V 5870mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement Compatible for DJI Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Phantom 4 Pro Plus, Phantom 4 Advanced: Toys & Games

Reactions: mwkelly100
Thanks everyone. It was a shock when I saw them for $199 on DJI's site. Hadn't priced them for a while. The $160 at Ebay seems more in line what I remember.
On

I've had great luck with the off brand batteries on Amazon. 100 apiece roughly and I can't tell any difference. I've purchased 3 of them so far and have ZERO complaints.

$89.99 + tax. Nothing but good luck with them so far. Battery reports same as OEM, fit well, good flight time, no over heating. Time will tell. I have 4 OEM's with less that 50 charges that are bulging and in the junk pile. Amazon.com: JoyBros Phantom 4 Battery 15.2V 5870mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement Compatible for DJI Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Phantom 4 Pro Plus, Phantom 4 Advanced: Toys & Games

Good to know. With the OEM bats fast approaching $200 a copy, DJI is inviting competition.

Id expect to see more and more knockoffs as the price point goes up.

Tried to order a couple, but want ship to Alaska. Now for a not so smart question. Do you think Batteries Plus might be about to fix the bad ones? Also, saw on the after market ones you can get a extended warranty to cover anything that happens to them. That could lower the rise factor.

What do you have? Sucks you crashed. I lost mine three times, but got it back each time

Frys is a good place to check as well. I purchased 1 from them last year but not sure if they have any in stock now since they seem to be a rare commodity these days.

How many cycles, what's the manufacture date if you know it and how much?
I don't remember how many flights, but probably somewhere around 70 charges. I can't find a mfg date on either battery and there is no way for me to get that information due to the damage to aircraft, it has too many errors to show any information. I also have a Drone Crates back pack that I carried everything in, a set of PolarPro ND filters (4,8,16), the controller and two DJI OEM-style battery chargers.

Warmed up to 20F. Time to start back flying. Where is the best place to buy batteries. Lost a few in the last year.
I seen one for $99 with 10 cycle charges on eBay
I bought 2 for $75 each 1 with 7 and the other with 11 charges on eBay Oem 5870s
They work like new

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic