Best movie editor?

Reaction score
Hi all, can you recommend me a movie editor for Macbook? I don't mind having to pay a one off fee to purchase one.

Although iMovie works pretty well, it seems to limit exporting of the final file to 720. Even when I set to the highest I can on custom, the final video quality just isn't as good as the original video file.

Thanks

Hi all, can you recommend me a movie editor for Macbook? I don't mind having to pay a one off fee to purchase one.

Although iMovie works pretty well, it seems to limit exporting of the final file to 720. Even when I set to the highest I can on custom, the final video quality just isn't as good as the original video file.

Thanks
FCPX if you look around you can find a copy that works great on a macbook pro but as soon as I started editing 1080 and above I put 16 Gb ram and a Samsung 1 terra bite SSD drive and made it dual boot windows 7 64 bit sadly windows is still needed for most firmware mods to you dji

Thanks

i use iMovie exclusively on my MacBook and get 1080 output

I suspect the industry standard is Adobe Premiere. That's what we use.

Reactions: Pharm
I have tried Adobe Premier Pro, Cyberlink Power Director, and Sony Vega Pro. They all work great. Now is just a preference to choose, but for Mac, nothing beats Final Cut Pro.

Reactions: Mid Island Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl