Best Model Phantom4

In the market for a P4, any info would be appreciated. Will be used in boat launches, drone fishing and relatively high risk activities while filming, so keen to hear forum advice on best model to purchase.
I would suggest the P4 standard for your use. The sensors and camera upgrades are not worth the ex cost. The standard has a stronger body making it a better choice for hand launch and catch. It takes beautiful pictures as well. I use both but the P4s is my go-to drone near water. Imo
Good luck.
PS; you might want to consider a wetsuit (PhantomWetSuits) for extra protection in the marine environment. They are an advertiser here and I use their products. We get discounts too. ?

In the market for a P4, any info would be appreciated. Will be used in boat launches, drone fishing and relatively high risk activities while filming, so keen to hear forum advice on best model to purchase.
If photography or video results are important to you, the camera of the P4 pro is 10 times better than what was on the original P4.
It's sensor is 4X bigger and the camera has a controllable aperture.

If photography or video results are important to you, the camera of the P4 pro is 10 times better than what was on the original P4.
P4s all the way,p4p has more to go wrong ! 10 times better ,that's a first,,p4s is one of the most stable flying platform and tough,reliable and more than enough,,would you fly high risk with yours,I think not,if something happen as you know things do,the pro be safe in its box,,,,all these newer drones got to much bling on board,I wouldn't even buy one from what I've read ,to unreliable and not properly tested from factory,some might fly good but luck of the draw on that one

Last edited by a moderator:
P4p has more to go wrong ! 10 times better ,that's a first,,p4s is one of the most stable flying platform and tough,reliable and more than enough
But none of it has gone wrong for me in over 6000 kilometres flying in all kinds of conditions.
And when it comes to photographic results .. yes, it really is 10X better.
would you fly high risk with yours,I think not,if something happen as you know things do,the pro be safe in its box
I know what the drone is capable of and fly within its limits so I don't think what I do is high risk.
But it might be a bit much for some others.
You be the judge:
all these newer drones got to much bling on board, I wouldn't even buy one from what I've read ,to unreliable and not properly tested from factory,some might fly good but luck of the draw on that one
That certainly doesn't apply to the P4 pro.
It's an industrial strength workhorse.
I've had two since they were released four years ago.
My backup machine is still almost new in the box.
I've only flown it for a week while the #1 was getting a shell replacement (cracking).

If we're talking about durability, damage resistance, flying reliability and free of issues then P3a or p are the favourite.
My first drone was P3a, Once hit a tree and fell down the rocks, once lost 3 days in a wet weather at both incidents with no damage at all.
I wander if the same can do P4P.
You can get P3 for a very acceptable price nowadays.

I wander if the same can do P4P.
Quite likely - they are built similarly.
But it's possible for any DJI drone to survive a crash that you'd think would cause big damage sometimes and other times suffer damage from what looks like a minor incident.
It all depends on what part takes the impact.

Your ship and boat photos are awesome. Kudos. I love my P4A.

I have a P4A and love it. See my channel on YouTube Adventures with Capt Ray Kelly

I would vote for the P3P as well or the P4A, but the P3 models have a different plastic that is a little softer and therefore not as brittle. Especially in cold environments. You should also look into one of the silicone water resistant covers and maybe even the water landing gear just in case... Last tip, put Rain-X on the lens.

Silicone Cover

Water Landing Gear

The Phantom 4 Pro , this is the Flag Ship and will give you the best Resale value,
I would also recommend you get the Phantom Wet Suit to Secure your Battery , allow to fly in the rain and have a nice handle
for hand Catching the drone along with the Rescue Jacket if your going to be flying on and off the Boat..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom 4 Pro in the Rain and Float on Water.

I used to own a P4 Standard and it worked very well. I sold it after I bought a Mavic Pro.
Recently I bought a P4 Pro back because I really miss the P4! The Pro is much better than the P4 Standard (bigger sensor, more options like aperture etc.). So if you've got the chance, take the Pro!

I’d recommend the P4P!!! I have the P4, and the Mavic Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31