Best FW for P3P

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

Which is considered the best FW for the P3P?

v1.8.80, v1.9.60 or v1.10.90?

Thanks!

I have a P3P. I don't know about the 'best', but I have v1.9.60 and it works fine for me. I understand that once you have upgraded to v. 1.10.90, then you have no option to downgrade officially, although it is possible to do so, but with a lot of 'fiddling around', IMHO.

I don't know any more about the differences between the various versions you mention I'm afraid, but as I said, I'm quite happy with the version I have.

The BEST firmware is always, ALWAYS the latest firmware. With DJI's market share, they could NEVER mitigate the risk of having a prior version in better working order than the latest release.

There are a lot of people that have had range issues using AC 1.10.90 RC 1.8 together. I had to downgrade the RC to 1.6 to fly more than 200'. Simple answer is if you are getting good range and nothing is broke.....unlike me LEAVE IT ALONE!! Read the forums a lot of people are having issues, so proceed with caution.

How is the range?

I use 1.9.6 & 1.8, but I'm running Go App 3.1.0. My range used to be good with Video and RC, now RC drops but still have full Video. Downgrading to 1.6 later today to see if that works any better. I'll post later and let u know...

Have you ever tried v1.9.60?

@tonyt76 ask youself why would @Digdat0 go towards v1.9.60 if he is happy with v1.8.80 ? Just because it's a newer version, that presumable is better than the previous one ? Just presumable, but reality has shown that the latest fw to date v1.10.90 isn't respecting at all @Avocet 's statement "the latest fw is always the best"... :)

What I use is in my sig. No issues.

I use 1.9.6 & 1.8, but I'm running Go App 3.1.0. My range used to be good with Video and RC, now RC drops but still have full Video. Downgrading to 1.6 later today to see if that works any better. I'll post later and let u know...
Same firmware, but 2.8 on the app although I really use it. Usually flying litchi or Maps Made Easy. Routinely have gone out beyond 1600 m with no noticible loss of signal or video.

Have you ever tried v1.9.60?

i correct myself, my p3p is 1.9 and my p3a is 1.8. So I'm actually flying with both versions and I don't notice a difference. I loaded 1.9 on my p3p so i could update my batteries to 1.9 as it had some changes for cold weather conditions. So my batteries are all 1.9 and the two drones are 1.8 and 1.9. I don't see any difference flying between them to be honest. Both aircraft fly the same from what i can tell.

The BEST firmware is always, ALWAYS the latest firmware. With DJI's market share, they could NEVER mitigate the risk of having a prior version in better working order than the latest release.
Total BS. I'm running 1.6 in my P3p and it's been rock solid for over a year. The best firmware is the firmware that has been vetted for over a year in hundreds of flights, IMHO. :p

Total BS. I'm running 1.6 in my P3p and it's been rock solid for over a year. The best firmware is the firmware that has been vetted for over a year in hundreds of flights, IMHO. :p

Uhh ... perhaps I was too cryptic ... I'm sure 1.6 runs just fine. I've ran that same piece of software myself. I have NEVER had major issues with ANY production release from DJI. There were some minor issues that I mistakenly attributed to the software, but alas, it was user error, as is the case frequently.

I'm not sure of your background, John, but my background goes deep into computer science (programming) AND aviation. A lot of folks seem to think that every time DJI (or most other tech. endeavors) release a new software version or patch, that it is completely new, rebuilt from the ground up. This is simply untrue, not feasible and leads to many a misunderstanding. While it is certainly possible for new functionality to introduce anomalies into the production code base, those issues rarely survive the QA and testing processes of successful companies. Shoddy coding and vetting processes would be far to risky for just about any biz let alone one with the market share DJI now enjoys.

Fly safe brother ...

i correct myself, my p3p is 1.9 and my p3a is 1.8. So I'm actually flying with both versions and I don't notice a difference. I loaded 1.9 on my p3p so i could update my batteries to 1.9 as it had some changes for cold weather conditions. So my batteries are all 1.9 and the two drones are 1.8 and 1.9. I don't see any difference flying between them to be honest. Both aircraft fly the same from what i can tell.

Which FW are you using on your two controllers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers