Best FPV googles on the market???

Reaction score
All,

Got the phantom...then got the gopro3...then the gimble....What are the best FPV googles out there? Ive been looking at the fatshark brand but then again more choices. Who has an experienced opinion on this ....reccomendations??

Zackspar

I think pretty much the Fatshark Dominators, are the best at this time. Carl Zeiss, has some for over $700, but
the quality does not match the name. Only the high price tag.

There are other brands for sure, and you should continue your research, but I think most of us use Fatshark goggles,
and Immersion 600mw transmitter.

It is a combination that has a proven track record. Just remember that when you install the transmitter, to tie
all the negative wires together, and NEVER, EVER, turn on the tranmitter, or goggles without the antenna installed.
The transmitter WILL BE DESTROYED, and it could damage the goggles if you do it with them also.

Good Luck, and as always, If any of the information provided proves faulty, I will erase it, and disavow all knowledge
of having written it. ;)

miskatonic said:
*Cough* FCC license needed for FPV or face serious fines. *Cough*

Didn't we go thru this already???

5.8ghz transmitter up to 25mw is perfectly legal! Have a look at the description on the "ready to go" or complete FPV systems, they usually have a 25mw Tx with an option to upgrade to a 200mw or 600mw, especially if its an American website or store!

http://www.immersionrc.com/product-deta ... 600mW%20Tx

That's the link for he 600mw and it points out you may need a licence, if you browse back to the 25mw its says no licence required and when used with other specific equipment, multi-km range is possible!

The OP didn't request information on the legalities of using FPV in whatever country or state he resides.

He just wants to know what FPV goggles are we recommending. It is up to the individual user to comply with all
state, and local laws.

Autociter,

Do those come with head tracking and ....is that feasable with a quadcopter? Ive got a tarot gimble(2d)....did the research and it is a nice piece..but doesnt come with the other needed pieces...your thoughts

Zackspar

Yes it is off topic but for clarification, an amateur radio license is only needed if one is transmitting video with greater than one watt (1000mw) of power at 5.8 GHz.

William
KK6GBY

Do those come with head tracking and ....is that feasable with a quadcopter? Ive got a tarot gimble(2d)....did the research and it is a nice piece..but doesnt come with the other needed pieces...your thoughts

The Dominators require you to purchase the head tracking module, and the receiver separately. It makes sense, due to
the different transmitter frequencies for the receiver, and whether or not you need head tracking.

There was a rumor, that Fatshark was coming out with an HD version of the Dominators, but I wouldn't hold my breath,
waiting for that.

As for the second part of your question, Yes, the head tracking just moves the camera up or down, so as long as you
don't do anything spastic, like bobbing your head up and down, while listening to your iPod, you should be okay. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl