Best controller mods

ARGtek added a few hundred feet to my p3s distance, ITelite more than doubled distance. I do most of my flying in wifi-heavy areas

Thanks everyone in this thread for the input. I just ordered the parts for mine. I followed this link and ordered the parts from the link inside there.
HOW To: install tablet mount . . . .

Everything should be here this week and I estimate the process to take 15min (which means an hour LOL for me).

Reactions: dirkclod
You have a whole FAMILY of Phantoms! Whos's the Daddy?
Ya know it's hard to talk about but I will since ya asked.
He wasn't around long as he committed suicide by drowning :oops:
Autolanded in our lake and found em 2 months later.
Was a FC40. :p

I use the Icarus App from the Google Play store and achieved 1.5km distance using the standard (unmodified) antenna.

Ya know it's hard to talk about but I will since ya asked.
He wasn't around long as he committed suicide by drowning :oops:
Autolanded in our lake and found em 2 months later.
Was a FC40. :p
So sorry to hear of your loss! I hope you are able to move on without too much pain...... o_O:)

Reactions: dirkclod
I have the DBS and I recently went 13,000 feet and still had full signal for telemetry and 3/4 full for video. I was talking to a father and son answering there questions and didn't realize I was that far. Kinda freaked me and I hit RTH. I'll def go to rust spot again to fly.

You want the best range you can get.
Do this:
DBS antenna
2x 2.4ghz sunhans boosters
1x 5.8ghz sunhans booster
12v battery to power the boosters

You'll get crazy range and signal reliability. My best was four miles away. Limitation was battery. Made it back with 12%. Flight was in suburbs with lots of wifi interference.

I use the Icarus App from the Google Play store and achieved 1.5km distance using the standard (unmodified) antenna.

What is the Icarus App? Just searching Icarus in Google play returns a hundred results. Please provide more of a description.

Icarus app is only for Android phones. It will only benefit the 2.4g video downlink. If you are in the states, the only benefit is only changing the wifi channel since the state's are at FCC mode 27db already. Good for congested wifi neighborhoods. If you are overseas, this is CE mode at 19db. Good app to have for sure. I use the app in the states. Get the DBS antenna mod. Greatly improved range and video downlink.

d918c2f9d3b482d9ffdce30be133c567.jpg

I started with the argtek mod and just left the antanna bracket on so no drilling required.

Good closeup pic,

d918c2f9d3b482d9ffdce30be133c567.jpg

I started with the argtek mod and just left the antanna bracket on so no drilling required.

Bryant77, can you just buy the argtek bracket? Does anyone know. I want this setup without buying both! Your setup Looks awesome

I too am looking for range extending antennas for my P3P. But I also store/travel with a DJI hard backpack and of course the controller won't fit in the pack with the after-market antennas. Ideas anyone?
This particualar antenna has a quick disconnect mount. Buy a small padded zippered travel bag and call it the hard pack's little brother.

This particualar antenna has a quick disconnect mount. Buy a small padded zippered travel bag and call it the hard pack's little brother.
I went to your YouTube channel, but could not determine which quick mount antenna your are recommending. Could you please specify make and model number. Thanks.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart