best car charge solution

I like the idea of a cigarette lighter charger, but as you can see from this review, quality and longevity might be very questionable.

I bought this one on ebay a few years back. I've used it for my kids games, dvd players, etc. I have used it for the P3 batteries but I can't quote you how long it takes to completely charge a battery.

Statpower Portawattz 300

ya, the one snerd put up is about the same as mine. :)

None of those are pure sine wave though, right?

I don't know but it works. Did someone say it needed to be pure sine wave?

I haven't researched this extensively, but here's what's been said on this thread before:

That looks like a modified sine inverter as apposed to a pure sine inverter. I only know this as I am looking at purchasing an inverter and I have done a bit of research, there's quite a bit out there, usually in relation to motor homes and boats and from what I can gather a pure sine inverter gives you the same alternating current as your power supply at home, apparently some electrical items do not like a modified inverter and in some cases will not function correctly. Pure sine inverters are usually the more expensive option.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the dji battery or whether a pure sine inverter will extend the life of the battery? I will be interested to hear some feed back from experienced forum members before I make a purchase.

Edit: In the last hour I have read further and it would appear that a pure sine inverter is definitely the way to go, one article referenced a laptop battery, that due to using a modified inverter, was damaged and would no longer charge after a few months.

Same here ...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442320367.657626.jpg

eBay

I haven't researched this extensively, but here's what's been said on this thread before:
I'm guessing these cheaper versions are the modified version than. I never gave it any thought while using it for my kids' ipad's, ipods, gaming consoles or this battery. Sorry, that's about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

Modified sine wave inverters are not recommended for battery chargers like the DJI, hence pure sine wave.
For the price a small generator might be a solution, portable generators put out pure sine wave. There are several very small generators that would do well without bringing extra car/deep cycle batteries and all the wiring involved in keeping them charged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl