Best Camera Settings

Frederick,
First, I want to thank you for these videos and advice. For a neophyte like myself, they are very helpful. Unfortunately, I am about to prove my ignorance. Are you shooting these videos in 4K or in another setting?
Thanks again for all the time and effort put into helping novices.

A quick tutorial illustrating optimal camera settings for shooting more professional video on your Phantom 3.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a good tutorial but I'm assuming this is for the P3 Pro and not the Advanced. I could not find the Sharpness etc. settings on the Advanced version. Any ideas there?

Frederick,
First, I want to thank you for these videos and advice. For a neophyte like myself, they are very helpful. Unfortunately, I am about to prove my ignorance. Are you shooting these videos in 4K or in another setting?
Thanks again for all the time and effort put into helping novices.
Yep... everthing shot in 4K.

This is a good tutorial but I'm assuming this is for the P3 Pro and not the Advanced. I could not find the Sharpness etc. settings on the Advanced version. Any ideas there?
Wow...not sure on this one. I assumed the settings are identical with the exception of being able to shoot 4K. Can anyone else with a P3A chime in?

Frederick, I changed my contrast settings etc as you suggested, but are these the settings for when the filters are installed, I went out the other day with the new settings but no filter and everything seemed darker, and the colours were not as sharp, also does it make any difference to the clarity of the picture with these settings AND the filter installed whether shooting in 4k or 1080

I'm definitely appreciating your efforts fhagen02. Saved me a ton of experimental time. I have a question about the 'rolling' effect across the screen while showing the contrast between the touched and untouched film. How is this achieved ?

The reason I ask is I might like to compare two edit styles side by side before making a choice.

Frederick, I changed my contrast settings etc as you suggested, but are these the settings for when the filters are installed, I went out the other day with the new settings but no filter and everything seemed darker, and the colours were not as sharp, also does it make any difference to the clarity of the picture with these settings AND the filter installed whether shooting in 4k or 1080
Was the filter a combo ND/CP? That would explain the "sharper colors" as a CP saturates blue skies. Regardless.... Yes these settings are for with and without filters. I literally never change them.

I'm definitely appreciating your efforts fhagen02. Saved me a ton of experimental time. I have a question about the 'rolling' effect across the screen while showing the contrast between the touched and untouched film. How is this achieved ?

The reason I ask is I might like to compare two edit styles side by side before making a choice.
Thanks for the comment. Just duplicate and place the same clip on top of itself. The one on top is uncorrected with no color adjustment effects. The one underneath is the corrected version with color adjustment effects. Then place a "crop" effect on the top clip. Adjust the Left or Right of the crop to reveal the corrected clip underneath.

Hi fhagan, what settings would you recommend if we didn't want to make colour adjustments in post editing for video. Would you still use log and -2 sharpness?

Reactions: Mike Mauk
A quick tutorial illustrating optimal camera settings for shooting more professional video on your Phantom 3.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Very informative video, personally I don't like having to much work to do in post, but truth is that all your points are valid and a good guide to get a great quality video. Just have to go over the frustration to watch a flat, washed picture while shooting...
I have a question about the P and M modes in the manual settings on the DJI Go. I don't remember seeing that before the upgrade. It doesn't seem very clear to me. Have you been through and figured out in what they were an improvement?
Cheers.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441111943.786063.jpg

I've wiped my lens off several times but can't seem to get rid of the little smug on the lens. When I got the lens it showed me how to put it on with the marking in the down position but this lens doesn't have that making on it. Is this just a bad lens or am I missing something?

View attachment 29293
I've wiped my lens off several times but can't seem to get rid of the little smug on the lens. When I got the lens it showed me how to put it on with the marking in the down position but this lens doesn't have that making on it. Is this just a bad lens or am I missing something?
That's odd. Have you tried a little water and a soft cloth?

I'm having a hard time figuring out the P and M mode settings and getting back to the auto camera setting. I'm sure this has been covered, but can someone point me in the right direction? Any help explaining what they are and a method for determining optimum settings would be greatly appreciated.

Ok had a go at this and had a few problems. I had a 8ND filter fitting and managed to get the shutter speed around double the frame rate speed with the EV at 0 with everything looking good. The problem I had is as soon as I turned the quad around 180 degrees the EV then showed 2-3 stops out. I had to readjust the shutter speed to sort it out. I felt like I was constantly having to change the shutter speed to keep the EV at around 0 and the picture looking good. Am I getting something wrong? Does anyone know if you can lock the ISO to 100 while leaving the shutter speed in auto?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.