Best App/Software to view recorded footage?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanting to know/ask is there a recommended app or software to use in viewing AND editing recorded drone (P4PV2.0) footage?

Pilots....I'm asking because I am new. If this question causes you anger or frustration (for whatever unknown reason), please scroll by and don't reply. Knowledge is power and I am striving to be powerful.

Thank you in advance for your advice/support.

Grace & Peace,

B

Knowledge is power, but wisdom is the ability to use that power. If you don't know how to use that power, you can blow yourself up.
It is wise to ask the advice of many.
I use Adobe, but there are a lot of people that use free apps. I hope they respond.

Hello All,

Just wanting to know/ask is there a recommended app or software to use in viewing AND editing recorded drone (P4PV2.0) footage?

Pilots....I'm asking because I am new. If this question causes you anger or frustration (for whatever unknown reason), please scroll by and don't reply. Knowledge is power and I am striving to be powerful.

Grace & Peace,

B
I use Pinnacle 20 for all my video/photo editing and have been pretty pleased with the results. I did use Adobe for some time but they priced themself out of reach for me. Adobe CC is great but it is a monthly fee that is what I don't want. If the need to use it is only a few times a year it is not worth it.
Rural Rider

Honestly, use the program that gets the work done and the easiest for you. no offense. Don't fool around and waste too much time trying to learn a pro app like many people trying to learn Davinci and or Premiere.

Reactions: BishopAirX
Honestly, use the program that gets the work done and the easiest for you. no offense. Don't fool around and waste too much time trying to learn a pro app like many people trying to learn Davinci and or Premiere.
What program is the easiest? I don't know that why I am asking. What do you use?

We're a reasonably mature bunch on here. I'd be surprised to see any frustration arising from your question.

I use PowerDirector and find it straight-forward. They've simplified the main video-editing program by having separate applications for colour-correcting & sound engineering. I have the suite (which also includes a photo editor), but you can buy just the video-editing part. It's very capable as a stand-alone editor.

The best thing I did to assist my video editing was to upgrade my PC. 4K video is taxing to edit if you don't have a computer designed for the task - or at least one with a gaming-spec.

You might look at the free version of Davinci Resolve. All you really need to learn is the cut page. It has pretty much everything you need in a nutshell.

I'm using iMovie for the time being. For what I'm doing it has a lot of functionality. That being said if I were running Windows as my primary OS, I'd try Da Vinci based on the aforementioned feedback from others.

The free DaVinci Resolve is what I use. It's the best free editor out there and there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube if you want to learn the basics or how to do a particular type of edit. The software looks quite daunting when you first open it, but you can start out with simple trimming edits and transitions. From there, you can move onto color correcting, special effects, tracking, etc. I recently documented some work being performed on a project for our Marketing Department, only to notice that none of our field staff had our logo on their safety vests. So just last week I pulled up a YouTube video on "How To Do Tracking" and was able to stick our logo onto a number of our workers. It followed their movements and it looked like the logo was actually on the back of their vests. Pretty cool. I highly recommend the software. You can learn its features at your own pace.

Last edited:
I used windows for 30 years until the tecki in my school wanted a mac laptop and the best way to get one was to tell the boss that I wanted one.
I never bothered with it for weeks then when I did I went the the tecki what was going on? The darn Macbook Air just never hesitated for a second.
It was a weird, experience. The new M1 chip inside the new Mac Air, Pro and Mini, tears through 4k with multiple sound and transitions while hardly waking up.
A lot of mac uses, and they include the big movie companies, use, Final Cut Pro but (FCP) I do not. One, I never needed to produce a box office hit movie and secondly iMovie does everything I want and far faster than FCP. For me it is a no brainer. Even the entry Macbook ( as long as it is with the M1 chip) will do stuff faster than a top of the range Windows machine. I do not like spending hours messin with settings and stuff, hate it. With my M1 MacBook Air I can teach a primary school kid to use and I can finish a few minutes video at 4K 50fps and slow mo parts, in under an hour. That way it stays fun and very enjoyable. Hope it helped at least one person.

Forgot to say that I have taught primary school kids to make movies with IMovie. Primary School is elementary school in the US. Yes it is that easy to use, and blazingly fast, especially now.

Last edited:
I used windows for 30 years until the tecki in my school wanted a mac laptop and the best way to get one was to tell the boss that I wanted one.
I never bothered with it for weeks then when I did I went the the tecki what was going on? The darn Macbook Air just never hesitated for a second.
It was a weird, experience. The new M1 chip inside the new Mac Air, Pro and Mini, tears through 4k with multiple sound and transitions while hardly waking up.
A lot of mac uses, and they include the big movie companies, use, Final Cut Pro but (FCP) I do not. One, I never needed to produce a box office hit movie and secondly iMovie does everything I want and far faster than FCP. For me it is a no brainer. Even the entry Macbook ( as long as it is with the M1 chip) will do stuff faster than a top of the range Windows machine. I do not like spending hours messin with settings and stuff, hate it. With my M1 MacBook Air I can teach a primary school kid to use and I can finish a few minutes video at 4K 50fps and slow mo parts, in under an hour. That way it stays fun and very enjoyable. Hope it helped at least one person.
Sounds great. I'm in the middle of a 4k video that is near impossible on my Adobe premiere elements. I can't do proxy on it. Simple cuts and few adjustments. It's nothing but stop and jerky video.

Reactions: John Gowland
If anyone is contemplating adding a Mac to your toolbox you may want to wait until the next gen comes out soon. Present is the M1 chip the next will be the M2. I will not move over to the M2 Mavic Air.
However, if the upcoming Mavic 3 with 5.6K is too demanding for my amazing MacBook Air I will buy the Mac Mini M2. You already have a monitor and mouse/keyboard. That makes the Mac Mini the best value dollar for dollar ever made. Enjoy.

I'm using iMovie for the time being. For what I'm doing it has a lot of functionality. That being said if I were running Windows as my primary OS, I'd try Da Vinci based on the aforementioned feedback from others.
Are use Davinci on my iMac it works great just wanted you to know

Hello All,

Grace & Peace,

B
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

D

Hello All,

Grace & Peace,

B
iMovie which is only on Mac computers. I use to use Adobe premier but to me, Imovie is much user friendly and easier to use. If you don't have a Mac there is cheaper software like Wondershare Uniconverter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.