Bent gimble arm out of the box

@Phantom_Menace66 Bent gimble arm out of the box

Hi Menace,

I found a tree on my 3rd flight. My L arm on the gimbal is definitely bent. I followed your instructions, but once I had the plate off I saw the stop screw. Removed that and now the L arm does go up and down on the shaft, but is stopped from being fully removed by a bearing on the shaft. Am I disconnecting it from the wrong end or does it need to be disconnected from the motor itself with the 3 tiny screws. Afraid of wrecking the ribbon cable. Thanks.

Nedrick4th said:
bitterjam said:
The arm of my P2V+ gimbal is bent after a recent crash and the camera has become tilted. Should I bend it back by force? Alternatively, is there a way to re-calibrate the gimbal to correct for the tilt? Look forward to any advice. Thanks!

I had the exact same thing happen to me which I talk about in a post a few above your's. I didn't have luck finding a way to re calibrate/compensate for the bend in the arm so I just took it apart some and bent it back. I slowly got it back pretty much to where it was after using a combination of my hand, vise grips and needle nose pliers. I put tape on the pliers as to mar the aluminum arm as little as possible. I am happy with the results, a virtually strait arm again, slight scratches on arm from pliers and NOT having to wait weeks/months do deal with DJI to help me out. Good luck.

I think many of us would like to know how to do this. Do you mind posting a video?

I sent my PV+ back to the distributed I got it from for 2 reasons. No video feed to my iPhone and a bent gimbal arm due to a clumsily landing from about three feet off the ground. Here's the status report from the techs at 1UAS.com

Hello,

The video feed problem is fixed; However, we cannot fix the arm, as it is made of Aluminum, very easy to be broken, and we don't have facility to fix it gently.

Best regards,

Tina Nguyen
Technical Support - Technical Department

I wrote back asking them it please fix it or replace as IMHO this should be covered by the warranty. Will update this post when they respond.

Btw the video the video feed problem (according to the tech) was :
"the video plug to connect the camera with the Wifi transmitter was loose. When we attached it back, we can have video feed and tilt control;"

Lastly, if anyone knows of a video/step by step instruction on how to dismantle and remove the gimbal arm please post a link. I have feeling that this will be a common occurrence.

Mpaz808 said:
I sent my PV+ back to the distributed I got it from for 2 reasons. No video feed to my iPhone and a bent gimbal arm due to a clumsily landing from about three feet off the ground. Here's the status report from the techs at 1UAS.com

I wrote back asking them it please fix it or replace as IMHO this should be covered by the warranty. Will update this post when they respond.

I'm curious as to why you believe bending your gimbal arm, by admittedly crashing, would be covered under warranty? If you clumsily parked your car, damaging it by swiping a fence, would you believe the dealer responsible to repair the damage under warranty?

Mine was bent, out of the box. Sent it back to b&h photo, they took it back and sent me another one

Dirty Bird said:
Mpaz808 said:

I'm curious as to why you believe bending your gimbal arm, by admittedly crashing, would be covered under warranty? If you clumsily parked your car, damaging it by swiping a fence, would you believe the dealer responsible to repair the damage under warranty?

Much the same way materials and workmanship would be covered under a warranty. If I drive a new car down the road and the paint starts chipping off (while under warranty) then I would expect the manufacturer to stand by their workmanship and product. The landing I admitted to was clumsy but not catastrophic and IMO was under "normal" operating use. It was from no more than chest high and on grass and basically the quad landed a little hard then fell over. I would obviously not be asking for a repair to be covered under warranty for a crash or if I flew it into a tree, careless transportation of the unit etc.

At any rate, as the 1UAS tech stated, the arm "can be bent easily". If this is the case, then hopefully by more people bringing it to their attention DJI will better engineer the next generation and possibly offer current owners replacements. I know it's probably wishful thinking but gotta start somewhere.

Update: I just got a call back from 1UAS and they said that they would fix the arm for me or replace it.

Yes there is a way to compinsate for the unlevel camera. Lots of videos on youtube . It involves taking the 3 screws off the back and adjusting the half circle metal pin until your camera sits flat. I have a bent yaw arm as well but dont want to rebend until i absolutly have to. I did this and it worked.. all you are doing is telling the sensor where the horizon point is.. wich is now slightly off due to the bend. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers