Beholder Lite Alexmos Gimbal

Reaction score
I guess to start off I'll just say I have a brand new one wired to spec BUT the Alexmos board doesn't look like any of the others. It is blue ( not the old blue before the green, the new blue no-one including Alexmos is showing in any pictures) where the F1 and 2 pinsets are entirely different than any of the current pictured sets. There are 2 stacks of 3 pins and they aren't directly labeled. So for operating the pitch I'm out of luck for now , but that might also be that the pitch control in my Phantom 1.1.1 radio doesn't reach the X in the pot so far as I can tell .

The real problem however is that while the system seems to stabilize the camera , the GUI is showing Pitch data in the Roll meter and vice versa. I find the GUI like something a tech-test set operator would use but not certainly an entry level system, and all the tutorials online are out of date and incomplete. I have done all the most basic calibrations and the board communicates properly with the software/ PC, but that pitch and roll are reversed. A lot of places say that in the GUI you can invert those but I can't figure out how.

Me thinks I need a simpler GUI to learn on and maybe the Alexmos system is a little beyond me at this stage. But at this point I'd really appreciate any input a knowledgeable person might have.

Thanks in advance and thanks Adam for making this forum.

FlyGuy07 said:
I've had a little luck with TeamRebelDesign via email, but I have the green board version... non Alexmos.

You can try them at [email protected]

Hey FlyGuy07 that's really nice of you to mention. I decided to kind of start over, dismantled the entire unit to make sure I didn't make some rookie mistake from the first. I wanted to make a visual inspection of some elements and you can't do that assembled. I reassembled painfully correct to the instructions ( they become Much simpler the second time through) and wow, now it doesn't work At All!

Sensor Not Connected. Sigh. Then why are all the lights on just fine? Now the error count is through the roof and , after a careful inspecting and replugging , it lights up, tilts and twists and settles into ...well, a coma sideways. Sensor Not Connected.

Most advice I see online is saying it's a bad board, EMU likely pooched. I has a sad. Such a lovely device.

Thanks again.

It could be... my board wouldn't stabilize either so I mailed mine in last week and they're going to (hopefully) repair or replace it. They had me send it into the place it was originally bought from.

It could be your Pitch and Roll PID numbers though. It's all pretty confusing but there are some good youtube videos to help out along the way. since you have the Alexmos version I can't link you to anything though unfortunately since I have the other one.

Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20