Beginner Mode Distance?

Reaction score
I took my first flight with my P3P. For safety, I kept it on beginner mode and was happy with how steady it was and how easy it flew (compared to my intro ethos quad that I have been learning on).
My only issue was that I slowly moved forward what wasn't more that 150' or so and not more than 25' off the ground. All of the sudden, it wouldn't go forward. At first I thought it was the wind, but then I backed up and moved forward and again, it was like it was hitting an invisible wall.
Did I hit a beginner safety feature and if so, what is the distance limit in beginner mode?
Thanks in advance!

Or 100ft height and distance. Also found out the gimble tilt will NOT work in beginners mode as well

Beginner mode is to learn the control sticks and basic movement without getting into to much trouble. Beginners need to gain basic control procedures before trying to fly and control the camera at the same time. 30m and 30m is fine for that.

Thanks for all answers. All very helpful. I've flown about 3 hours in Beginner Mode, all safely and with great control. I'm fortunate to have "flown" Lockheed Martin Prepar3d (Microsoft Flight Sim) in every version since 1995. That has been a huge help in handling the P3A. Also did some actual flying in earlier years, but never licensed. Potential uses for these UAS vehicles is fascinating. I hope political control freaks do not destroy our ability to experiment. Any one of us might turn out to be vital in development of this industry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.