beginner l

Reaction score
im a beginner still practicing my flying with phantom 2. i bought it with the new gimbal but dont want to install
gimbal yet. Just want to become proficient at flying first. but i realize i do need to confirm that gimbal is working.
my question is can i go ahead and hook up the gimbal without hooking up go pro that i dont even have yet.. power
it all up to confirm gimbal works... i know im not supposed to power up video transmitter without antenna connected
but can i safely hook up the gimbal just for a test , then take it back off while im still practicing flying?

thanks for your time.

coolhand said:
im a beginner still practicing my flying with phantom 2. i bought it with the new gimbal but dont want to install
gimbal yet. Just want to become proficient at flying first. but i realize i do need to confirm that gimbal is working.
my question is can i go ahead and hook up the gimbal without hooking up go pro that i dont even have yet.. power
it all up to confirm gimbal works... i know im not supposed to power up video transmitter without antenna connected
but can i safely hook up the gimbal just for a test , then take it back off while im still practicing flying?

thanks for your time.

I believe the gimbal needs the weight of the GoPro to accurately calibrate.

tpawyant said:
I believe the gimbal needs the weight of the GoPro to accurately calibrate.

correct. I can't speak from experience but I've seen around this forum a lot people saying absolutely DO NOT fire up the gimbal without the GoPro, it is specifically balanced for the weight of the gopro and turning it on with no gopro might damage the motors or the electronics or something.

do any of your friends have a gopro? could borrow theirs briefly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl