Be Warned: www.dronesforless.co.uk (especially if buying from the U.K.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it helps... My credit rating is shot to pieces... But very still took me on. Argos didn't tho. (Maybe cause I owe them £5000 and paid it off in £1 a month... Lol I will be dead by then) not sure about maplins for bad credit ratings tho
Probably not something to publicly brag about, Neon....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Neon Euc
I also bought a mavic from Drones for less i was also surprised that they shipped from the USA but apart from taking 10 days to arrive everything was OK i have emailed them about Warranty on my drone they have replied stating any problems get in touch so i am quite happy at the time of buying mine every supplier in the UK were offering them at £1500 for the fly combo i got mine for £1100 so i was fairly happy the price has recently come down. I would not buy from Drones for less again for the reason they shipped from the STATES, nothing on there web site states this even the call to them to confirm the purchase they did not mention this
but never the less i have my drone and i am very happy with it

Small update, I refused delivery 5 days ago as instructed by the seller and I've emailed them 5 times since (once a day) and I've had zero response and no refund.

My credit card company said there is no reason the seller has to wait for the item to arrive back in New York before issuing a refund as the tracking information shows that I never took delivery, it was never in my possession and that it's on its way back to them, I've never been responsible for it.

These are without a doubt the worst people I've ever dealt with anywhere in the world, they have absolutely nothing to gain from keeping hold of my refund as they'll have to issue it at some point. The credit card company said that they will take action on the 7th day after I refused delivery if I still haven't had a refund.

Absolute joke.

Call your credit card company and tell them the company is not responding to your e-mails or calls and you have not received a tracking number (if you have and the item is late getting to you let them know that too). Tell your credit card company that you want your money back and that this company is not treating its customers right. It will then become your credit card companies problem and you will get a refund.

On a side note, as an American, we don’t trust New York companies either, they are always shady.

I have done now, the credit card company is in the loop and are ready to take action in a few days.

I also bought a mavic from Drones for less i was also surprised that they shipped from the USA but apart from taking 10 days to arrive everything was OK i have emailed them about Warranty on my drone they have replied stating any problems get in touch so i am quite happy at the time of buying mine every supplier in the UK were offering them at £1500 for the fly combo i got mine for £1100 so i was fairly happy the price has recently come down. I would not buy from Drones for less again for the reason they shipped from the STATES, nothing on there web site states this even the call to them to confirm the purchase they did not mention this
but never the less i have my drone and i am very happy with it

Hopefully you won't ever have to actually deal with them for any warranty issues or anything. They literally take 7 days to replay to an email and when they do all you get from them is short 1 sentence replies that are of little use.

There are many businesses with .co.uk addresses and 0203 phone numbers. In fact, the 0203 number is the biggest giveaway; this is a "virtual" London number service, which is sold to companies to give them a London presence to - ahem, shall we say, "enhance" their company image. So, when you see a business with a London 0203 prefix, always do some digging to ascertain reality.

Well, now I know :)

I too got caught by Drones ForLess and got suckered into paying over £1700 for a P4P and extras. I could have bought everything for £300 less by going to a local UK dealer.I tried to get some answers from them thinking they were London based but ended up finding out they were in USA.
My suggestion: buy from a UK based dealer and GO to their premises. I have since been put in touch with Lee at Quadcopters.co.uk and received magnificent service from them, even though I didn't buy my drone from them. I will buy my next one from them. They are based in Euxton, near Leyland in Lancashire.

I'll stick with www.heliguy.com and www.hobbymounts.co.uk, I've used both before, both offer next day shipping and are very reliable.

This information is publicly available using a whois lookup. The guy unfortunately didn't mask his name and address. https://whoislookup.ninja/whois/dronesforless.us

The guys name is:
Brian Frees.
1302 N. Linwood Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
+1.714.836.5336
[email protected]
Google Maps

Sorry to say I'm on the sane cost and can't help with a knock on the door.

Haha thanks!

I also bought from Drones for less, I initially didn't know that they shipped from NYC but did make sure I phoned them with all my questions and concerns, yes they are difficult to get hold of but once I did all my questions were answered, I was told after I had made my purchase that I would get an email with a tracking number etc.
The next day I still hadn't received this so I was a little worried, back on the phone I went and eventually got an answer, they sent me the email with tracking number while I was on the phone so I could check to feel safer.
Within 48 hours I had my drone and was able to track it every step of the way until it was delivered and signed for, part of the deal included a GPC case that was advertised as being out of stock and would follow in a couple of weeks, a day after delivery I received another email with a tracking number from Drones for less, the following Monday I received the case, it took a week from the first phone call to when I had the complete deal that I purchased.
Other than the problems getting hold of them I didn't have any issues, I have tried to phone and email them since though to purchase a Spark and didn't get much luck so bought from the UK instead.

The main issue I have with them is their very misleading website, they've worked hard to make it look like a UK based business.

Keep saying so many times. If your in the UK go to very.co.uk as you can buy drones and pay 12 months later or pay in instalments at 0% APR for the first 12 months. Argos does the same too which may be better as you can exchange it the same day if anything goes wrong. Maplins does buy now pay later too but I think you have to put down a deposit
Very.co.uk don't sell the DJI CrystalSky which was what I was buying. Also I like to buy my products from a place that knows them intimately as if I have some kind of technical issue with anything they might well be able to help me solve it over the phone. I can't imagine very.co.uk customer service being able to walk you through a technical issue with the latest DJI hardware, the best they'll do is ask you to claim on the warranty or send it back for an issue that maybe be fixed via a phone call or email.

Reactions: n7qxo
Ha! I'm still 'in consultation' with DfL since begining of May 2017. After 7/8 weeks of broken promises I let the MasterCard Dispute Dept. take over. I had a response within 1 week. The order was short of one of the pair of extra batteries and the charging plate was an Ultimaxx ... NOT a DJI as advertised in the photo. It was probably a US version which didn't like 240 Volts UK up its exhaust pipe.

I quoted the DJI replacement costs of genuine DJI parts and was refunded (subject to DfL response) £243, with which I used to part fund the purchase of 2 Phantom 4 Pro batteries.
Now I only have to get the Pro 4 backpack changed for the Pro 2 which I ordered!!
In fact I was just about to contact them when I saw this thread.
If anyone has had a problem, I strongly urge you to use your Credit Card company to clobber them. I will be giving them one more week to come across with the exchange then I am calling in Trading Standards, Advertising Standards and Customer ~ Consumer Rights with any other Government Department I can think of. If no-one objects, I'll refer my CC Co. to this topic. More complaints shows that it is not just a one off 'glitch'.

For your information, 77 Beak Street, London UK is now a Perfumery!! The Post Box Co has moved.
New address of Post Boxes is 15 Ingestre Street London.
I also have a Brooklyn NY address:
DFL, 1336 East 7th, 11230 Brooklyn NY, USA.
Why don't they just have street names? ;)
Hope this doesn't breach Phantom Pilots code?
A.

Dropbox - Perfumery.jpg

Dropbox - 15 Ingestre Pl.jpg

Dropbox - 77 Beak Moving.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Ha! I'm still 'in consultation' with DfL since begining of May 2017. After 7/8 weeks of broken promises I let the MasterCard Dispute Dept. take over. I had a response within 1 week. The order was short of one of the pair of extra batteries and the charging plate was an Ultimaxx ... NOT a DJI as advertised in the photo. It was probably a US version which didn't like 240 Volts UK up its exhaust pipe.

I quoted the DJI replacement costs of genuine DJI parts and was refunded (subject to DfL response) £243, with which I used to part fund the purchase of 2 Phantom 4 Pro batteries.
Now I only have to get the Pro 4 backpack changed for the Pro 2 which I ordered!!
In fact I was just about to contact them when I saw this thread.
If anyone has had a problem, I strongly urge you to use your Credit Card company to clobber them. I will be giving them one more week to come across with the exchange then I am calling in Trading Standards, Advertising Standards and Customer ~ Consumer Rights with any other Government Department I can think of. If no-one objects, I'll refer my CC Co. to this topic. More complaints shows that it is not just a one off 'glitch'.

For your information, 77 Beak Street, London UK is now a Perfumery!! The Post Box Co has moved.
New address is ?? I have it in my other computer. I'll post the details.
I also have a Brooklyn NY address. I'll dig that out and post as well.
Hope this doesn't breach Phantom Pilots code?
Back Shortly. A.

Wow, another happy customer.

Hi Rip, details updated above.

At least I have them by the short and curlies for a change. Never return anything as it is 'part of their policy'. Give them one shot at sorting things and then pass it on to the CC Disputes Dept..
I have actually spoken several times with the same support agent and every time got a different answer and promise.
I'm going to have a coffee then I'll "Unleash Hell". :mad: Teach them to interfere with a rampant Scot's flying time!
A.
From the delivery label on my Drone Part Bundle: 1336 East 7th St, NY USA:
Dropbox - DFL USA.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rip, details updated above.

At least I have them by the short and curlies for a change. Never return anything as it is 'part of their policy'. Give them one shot at sorting things and then pass it on to the CC Disputes Dept..
I have actually spoken several times with the same support agent and every time got a different answer and promise.
I'm going to have a coffee then I'll "Unleash Hell". :mad: Teach them to interfere with a rampant Scot's flying time!
A.
They are sooo annoying aren’t they?!

I can hardly wait to see the 'make things right compensatory offer' that they have promised me. All this nastiness could have been avoided if they just sent me another battery. I would have lived without the 'faulty' charging plate and made do with the 'bag o' zips' back-pack.
Just gone lunch time USA? Might manage a quick e-mail wind up.
I have tried to worm the name of a manager or director out of the lass I spoke to but it would appear that the place is run by anonymousers. It looks more and more like someone operating a catalog only business and punting kit from a third party. I was suckered like other folk into believing that I was dealing with a UK company. For no other reason at the time for ease of contact. Need to have a look at Facebook and maybe stir up the koomballa a little. :mask::smilingimp:

Last edited:
I get absolutely nowhere with them, I email once a day and get zero response or refund.

@Rip, if you paid through a Credit Card then you can ask them to raise a(nother) Dispute.
Have details of dates, the Order or Ref. Number and £Payment value. State the reason for complaint, ie, non completion of order or non delivery of part order. If you can provide details of your attempts to contact and settle things, dates of e-mails &/or phone calls and their results. List even the unsuccessful calls. Check your phone for record of calls and then your e-mail History.

The credit card company will simply evaluate your claim and 99% sure that you will get a temporary refund to your card account within the week. There is a period (40 days?) to allow DfL to respond to the claim. Pretty sure that you will get the credit payment and a call from DfL within 1 week offering all sorts of promises. Tell them that the CC Co. has refunded you and that you are no longer interested in dealing with them and that they should respond to the CC Dispute Dept. How much are you stuffed by?

DO NOT send anything back under the promise of completing the deal or refunding the payment. Take the CC payment and stick with it. You should have the ball-grip on them so do not surrender your strong point.

HTH, A.

The credit card company say I have to wait 7 days from the date I refused delivery before they will act on it (which is in 2 days time).

DFL are holding on to £514 of mine for no reason whatsoever. I’ve explained to them that there is no scenario where they get to keep my money.

I told them theoretically:

The item arrived with you damaged. Well I never took delivery so I never damaged it, you would have to claim from the carriers insurance.

The item never arrives with you. Well I never took delivery so again you would have to claim from the carrier.

The only reason they would hold on to my money even though the tracking info shows I never took receipt of the item and it’s on its way back to them is the fact they must be planning to hold me responsible if the item is damaged or missing and somehow they think in that case they will be able to keep my money?! They are on another planet.

Definitely one for the Credit Card Company to take action on. They do have to allow a certain time to review the dispute. If you didn't take delivery of the items (damaged in transit or not) then I don't see how DfL think they can with-hold your payment.
As you said, carrier insurance is there for a reason like this.
Hang in there and keep us updated on outcome.
A.

Definitely one for the Credit Card Company to take action on. They do have to allow a certain time to review the dispute. If you didn't take delivery of the items (damaged in transit or not) then I don't see how DfL think they can with-hold your payment.
As you said, carrier insurance is there for a reason like this.
Hang in there and keep us updated on outcome.
A.

Definitely, I'll send DFL their regular morning email tomorrow as normal but Thursday will be credit card action day so hopefully some good will come of that.

15 days since I made the order.

14 days since I cancelled the order.

7 days since I refused delivery.

Tracking info shows that the item has been DELIVERED to somewhere in the UK 2 days ago and it hasn't moved an inch since. Not sure why it's gone to a UK address when DFL are in the US?

Either way the credit card company have the tracking info and have now officially opened a dispute, BUT...

They say they give DFL 45 days to dispute it themselves! Why they can't just refund me then claim it back themselves from DFL is beyond me?! They can clearly see I never took delivery and the item has been delivered to whatever address DFL use for returns.

It's now been over 2 weeks since I cancelled the order and I still don't have my money back.

Yes, but are they any good?
I’m wondering if my delivery was a rare mistake or a common occurrence. That’s all.
I'd suspect it was a simple mistake, made by someone who didn't know the difference. I'd send them back... :)

15 days since I made the order.

14 days since I cancelled the order.

7 days since I refused delivery.

Tracking info shows that the item has been DELIVERED to somewhere in the UK 2 days ago and it hasn't moved an inch since. Not sure why it's gone to a UK address when DFL are in the US?

Either way the credit card company have the tracking info and have now officially opened a dispute, BUT...

They say they give DFL 45 days to dispute it themselves! Why they can't just refund me then claim it back themselves from DFL is beyond me?! They can clearly see I never took delivery and the item has been delivered to whatever address DFL use for returns.

It's now been over 2 weeks since I cancelled the order and I still don't have my money back.

This is the reason I didn’t bother sending back the wrong batteries. Wouldn’t it be nice to go to a shop and try out your drone or parts so you know what your getting before you part with your hard earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic