Be Cautious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey All - I've booted a few guys trying to sell stuff from Nigerian IP addresses here recently. I can't catch them all as some are very sneaky hiding their IP addresses. So, if something smells fishy then report it and we'll take a look....

Hey All - I've booted a few guys trying to sell stuff from Nigerian IP addresses here recently. I can't catch them all as some are very sneaky hiding their IP addresses. So, if something smells fishy then report it and we'll take a look....
In other words....They post drones and parts for sale...ect.......You contact them.......make the deal send the money and never get what you thought you bought and they got your money.......is that what they are doing here...Thanks....it would be great to know how they are appearing here !

Do they claim to be a Nigerian prince?

Reactions: Neon Euc
I am a seasoned veteran for smoking out fraud guys and had one on HERE last week that nearly got me. I wont use his name as to not offend powers to be but here was his game..

1.) Signed up here and listed TWO drones for sale FLAG new user. (admin should look at a 50 post miniumum to sell)
2.) replied to his own thread saying "SOLD" on first one
3.) Uses first one to validate he has a "happy customer"
4.) ONLY TAKES MONEY ORDERS.
5) Refuses to give you a phone # or contact info to call.
6) Tries to convince you to send money and if fraud you can call the cops..<----------I learned this one hard way. Had a fellow years back selling laptops on EBAY and I sent a check to his REAL address and had his real phone #. All internet crimes go to FBI. I filed a case and was told if its less than 5000.00 internet crimes go untouched. Even with the guys bank info, phone # they WONT do anything. Now you think why would they its only 500 bucks??? WELL...He sold that laptop 100's of times which equates to lots of money. BUT, its only looked at as a single transaction.

As much as I hate PAYPAL fees as a seller if the buyer agrees to cover the fee than why not use them??? UNLESS its fraud.

I just hope some guys read this and it saves them from losing $ and being frauded then it will of been worth my time to post this.

The moderators should consider a minimum number of posts to sell items. Other forums I participated in required this. They also required membership in the forum for a set period of time.
As a member this would negatively effect I believe it is a GOOD idea to stop these criminals from stealing from good people. I am on other forums as well and a 50 post minimum does curb some of this I think.

The moderators should consider a minimum number of posts to sell items. Other forums I participated in required this. They also required membership in the forum for a set period of time.

I like that idea. Many of us in here don't like the tone of the OP when he says "sneaky Nigerian addresses". Yeah, we all know about the infamous "Nigerian Prince Bequeaths $500,000 to You, Friend" email scam of the early 2000's but let's not forget scams can be run by ANY nationality and ethnic background. That includes white folks. So let's not turn this friendly Phantom board into some xenophobic pig sty, OK?

Reactions: chazzm
I don’t believe any disrespect to any nationality is going on. It appears the OP was just stating a fact. If it were from anywhere else I’m sure it would have read “sneaky................IP address”
At the end of the day, although sale items can be very helpful to fellow hobbyists, this is a forum for discussion and not eBay , amazon , Craigslist etc. And this post was meant to HELP not hurt anyone’s feelings. .

I like that idea. Many of us in here don't like the tone of the OP when he says "sneaky Nigerian addresses". Yeah, we all know about the infamous "Nigerian Prince Bequeaths $500,000 to You, Friend" email scam of the early 2000's but let's not forget scams can be run by ANY nationality and ethnic background. That includes white folks. So let's not turn this friendly Phantom board into some xenophobic pig sty, OK?

You can take this up directly with the OP (who happens to be ADMIN on here) in private. No need to derail this VERY informative thread.

To make matters worse you've misquoted the OP....tsk tsk tsk

He said, "very sneaky hiding their IP addresses".... what he stated is their actions are "sneaky" and nothing negative towards them personally. BIG difference. . . .

I am a seasoned veteran for smoking out fraud guys and had one on HERE last week that nearly got me. I wont use his name as to not offend powers to be but here was his game..
As Clackey said in the first post ...
if something smells fishy then report it and we'll take a look....

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga