Battery's

Reaction score
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have 3 batteries one came with the Phantom and I ordered two extras and from take off to force landing I'm getting 12 minutes of flight time!!!!
So either I got some refurbished batteries or there's something wrong with them!!! I'm thinking of sending them back to Amazon!!

Do you know anyone else with the same Phantom so you can try one of their batteries. If it was just one that you were having an issue with I'd definitely say it was the battery. The fact that you're having issues with all three tells me that either you're flying in some extreme conditions or there's a problem with the drone itself. Using a battery from a friend that's getting 18-20 min of flight time will narrow it down.

I honestly can't remember how I did it, but I do remember plugging it in and something saying battery was updated or battery firmware has been updated.
But if that's not the case how do you update the battery?

I don't understand how or why people are flying these things and aren't sure if or how to update the firmware for a battery or anything else for that matter. And it's not like updating is a rare thing. Updating firmware is probably the #1 topic . When will people learn how important it is to completely understand the device that they are flying around in the sky .

Since you seem to be well versed in Phantom etiquette why not give a brief introduction in updates, for the young student/Grasshopper...

RedHotPoker

I'm not sure but isn't that what this forum is for to find things like that out?
We throw the bird in the sky and we fly because it's fun that's why we do it I don't completely read the iPhone updates before I hit agree!!
So sure I could've missed something in the manual!!! who really sits there and read the manual 100% until they completely understand everything the manual saying?

after all it's just a remote control quad copter!! Lol
That's all it is!!

And for the record I have three of these birds from Phanton II to the Phanton II vision 2+ up through the Phantom 3 pro all the firmware on all of my birds is updated that's the first thing you learn!!! (I searched YouTube found the *kitchen table guy that sits there recording as he shits himself)!!

I'm just saying I've not found anything on how to update the batteries firmware!

I don't understand how or why people are flying these things and aren't sure if or how to update the firmware for a battery or anything else for that matter. And it's not like updating is a rare thing. Updating firmware is probably the #1 topic . When will people learn how important it is to completely understand the device that they are flying around in the sky .
Either I got a ***** growing out of my head or just dumb. Dont' believe you can update battery.

Either I got a ***** growing out of my head or just dumb. Dont' believe you can update battery.

Not sure if your serious.... To update your batteries leave the latest firmware on the card and power up the bird with each battery. Wait about 15 seconds and you'll know if it's updating or not. Once complete I shut it off and turn it back on with the same battery just to make sure it doesn't try to update, then on to the next battery.

Each new update doesn't always contain a battery update* but it's always good practice to run through the process to make sure everything has the correct software.

Wow LOL I'm just shaking my head now!! More and more proof that some people have no business even owning one of these . They are way to complicated for some people. Geez lol!!!

So I can see we need some legislation on this sport. Maybe we can hire the NRA and the Brady Campaign to give us some pointers on getting our politicians in gear here!

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure but isn't that what this forum is for to find things like that out?
We throw the bird in the sky and we fly because it's fun that's why we do it I don't completely read the iPhone updates before I hit agree!!
So sure I could've missed something in the manual!!! who really sits there and read the manual 100% until they completely understand everything the manual saying?

after all it's just a remote control quad copter!! Lol
That's all it is!!
I'm not one of these guys that goes around screaming about how these things are a death trap and how dangerous they are but an iPhone can't fall from the sky so that is a ridiculous comparison . However a certain amount of resposponsiblity needs to be taken if you choose to own one of these. But that's just me I think everyone should fly them how they want too. I love flying mine far out but I at least try to take all the necessary precautions before I take off. And knowing if or how to update a battery is pretty important . Will fall out of the sky if you don't , probably not.

Hahaha, is that a Sears horn, or are you just happy to see me... . ;-)
Bro, you need to read more forum threads and RTFM, to learn what your new toy is all about... Seriously, get acquainted before you arm the motors. Please!!

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
And for the record I have three of these birds from Phanton II to the Phanton II vision 2+ up through the Phantom 3 pro all the firmware on all of my birds is updated that's the first thing you learn!!! (I searched YouTube found the *kitchen table guy that sits there recording as he shits himself)!!

I'm just saying I've not found anything on how to update the batteries firmware!

With the Bin file in the root, power the drone on, and watch the LED pattern on the battery change while the battery firmware update installs.
It happens very quickly, don't blink. Rinse and repeat with all those intelligent flight batteries.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
Oh yeah that!!?well I do as they say and I leave that update on the SD card so it automatically updates it automatically updates the batteries sure I know that!! It's just been so long since I've done that easy, forget!!

It is fun to watch guys **** walk on here like their total badass over a DRONE when you meet them out in public they have pocket protectors!!
This is a hobby! HOBBY!!
The same guys that can't figure out why it's 2 & 15 when it was just 1st & 10 lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20