Battery warning on DJI Go app

Reaction score
I am brand new to flying. I started reading this forum before I even ordered a drone. Today I flew my Phantom 4 with a battery I had ordered from a reputable source on Amazon. Almost immediately after launching I had the warning in the upper left corner of the DJI app saying the battery was damaged. It arrived at about 50% charge as it should have been. This is a used battery with reportedly 10 or less cycles use and the seller has a good return policy as well as a very high rating. This is a DJI manufactured unit and not a Powerfresh brand. The battery charged exactly like the other one I have and was performing well during the 5 to 7 minutes I flew with it. The battery percentage level discharged commensurately with the other unit I have. When I landed I removed the battery immediately and it was not very warm.

My question is do I return the battery or could this just be a fluke? Should I recharge it and try it again to see if I continue getting the warning in case this battery needs a little exercise after being store for who knows how long?

Really enjoy reading the forum and thanks for any advice you all can/will give!!

The warning was after 5-7 mins or immediately after launch?

Upload the flight to airdata and post a link to the flight here- that will give us something to go on.

The warning was after 5-7 mins or immediately after launch?

Upload the flight to airdata and post a link to the flight here- that will give us something to go on.
I've seen the flight screen but haven't fooled with it. I'll try and figure out how to do that. Thanks!

I've seen the flight screen but haven't fooled with it. I'll try and figure out how to do that. Thanks!
Well, I've gone to the flight data screen and pulled the card and just haven't figured out how to extract the file to upload. I'll check the manual and try to get it done sometime tomorrow. Thanks again!

Well, I've gone to the flight data screen and pulled the card and just haven't figured out how to extract the file to upload. I'll check the manual and try to get it done sometime tomorrow. Thanks again!
I have hooked up PC to drone and located files. When I try to upload I get a message that the files area too large. I'll try to look into Zipping them. I guess I'll give up tonight and try again tomorrow.

Well, I finally Googled Airdata and found that it is a website with all sorts of goodies for drone-related stuff. I hooked up both the tablet used when I was flying and also to the plane itself. "Something"??! uploaded and I have no idea what it was. I haven't actually had the drone off the ground but 3 times on two separate days so there shouldn't be much there. I kept opening files, on both the card in the drone and tablet related to DJI and many were empty. I'm going to re-charge the battery in question since it's not hot or overly warm and will try again.

The question was asked when the error message first occurred. It was there the first time I looked down at the screen (I was flying with line of sight of course being new) and that was probably during the first minute or so of the flight. I was able to see the flight log on the app and the flight did not last more than about 5 minutes. I was concerned that with getting the warning that I would not push to the edge. The battery still read about 70 percent if I remember correctly when I landed. I was trying to stay airborne long enough to see if the message would disappear. Also, I might should mention that the compass lost calibration during one of these two flights, but alas, silly me, I can't remember if it was during the first flight with the good battery or the other flight with the battery in question.

I've learned a lot reading the forum but remember this is all new and intimidating to me. Again thanks for all your help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl