Battery wan't charge to 100%

Reaction score
I have Phantom Standard 3. Since first charge one original battery and one extra they never charged to 100% always like 98 or 97%. Any ideas ? Thanks

When the batteries are near a full charge, you need to turn them on before attaching them to the battery charger. If you've flown the batteries, they should fully charge when you attach them to the battery charger.

When the batteries are near a full charge, you need to turn them on before attaching them to the battery charger. If you've flown the batteries, they should fully charge when you attach them to the battery charger.
and thats exactly what they don't ... battery after flying discharge I plug them and never charge to 100% only 98%

Which battery charger are you using? Did you try to remove the battery from the battery charger, turn it on, and hook it up to the battery charger again to see if it'll charge to 100% (just as a test)?

Yes I did. I'm using original charger. Now I'm charging the batt after flying. I will check how many % after it stop flashing/charging

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well one I charged yesterday showed 100%. I will try the other one today. Actually I think I was wrong. I never use batt right after charging only day later so the batt discharge to 98 or 97%. There is automatic discharge. Now I have 10 days in setup I wonder if there is option "never"

Percentages are a calculation made by DJI's firmware and software. It's based on the charge in each cell. As batteries are used, they may no longer hold as high of a charge (per cell). The firmware may or many not even adjust to wear on the cells, which lowers their ability to hold a "100%" charge.

IMHO, if the battery charges to "97%" or "98%", don't worry about it.

You could also try draining the battery down to 8%, turning it on and then putting it on the charger while it's on. This might reset the low and high charge amounts given by the firmware.

Yes I did. I'm using original charger. Now I'm charging the batt after flying. I will check how many % after it stop flashing/charging

It is normal that a battery 'falls back' slightly once rested from charger. You will never have a 100% stay on a battery ... its a physical problem. The charger whether DJI battery board or a LiPo charger will terminate charge when it detects 100%. But that is a figure at a slightly raised temp and activity in the cells. Once they rest for a minute or so - that figure drops back a % or so.

Its even more pronounced after a flight. If you measure volts immediately after a flight and then 10 minutes later when battery has rested ... you will see voltage has INCREASED .... yes opposite to the charge scenario ....

Weird things batterys !!

Nigel

I have had the app display 100% a few times, Its really not my goal.

I have a non DJI branded three battery bar / hub / strip, circuit board, well I don't know what it is, but I bought it for my P2V+.

I can charge up all three the day before, etc. Then usually before a fly, I will power on the battery I'm going to use first. Plug the charger in, if not already, and appears to top it off, like about 10 mins. This has been the only way I have seen 100%.

Now why the long story.

If I power on more than the one battery, the two or three batteries will so to speak, try to charge from each other. Don't try this in the car or at home. This strip doesn't have any protection against this, no diodes, etc.

The battery actually melted the solder holding the tab to the circuit board.

I bought it because it said it was three battery charger strip for DJI Phantom 2 series. :rolleyes:

About 2 months later, DJI started selling their version. :eek:

Rod

I have had the app display 100% a few times, Its really not my goal.

I have a non DJI branded three battery bar / hub / strip, circuit board, well I don't know what it is, but I bought it for my P2V+.

I can charge up all three the day before, etc. Then usually before a fly, I will power on the battery I'm going to use first. Plug the charger in, if not already, and appears to top it off, like about 10 mins. This has been the only way I have seen 100%.

Now why the long story.

If I power on more than the one battery, the two or three batteries will so to speak, try to charge from each other. Don't try this in the car or at home. This strip doesn't have any protection against this, no diodes, etc.

The battery actually melted the solder holding the tab to the circuit board.

I bought it because it said it was three battery charger strip for DJI Phantom 2 series. :rolleyes:

About 2 months later, DJI started selling their version. :eek:

Rod

I have other question about home point. Is it possible record new home point once in the air ? Or before taking off if I walk other spot maybe just few meters after I hear from app the home point was recorded

I have other question about home point. Is it possible record new home point once in the air ? Or before taking off if I walk other spot maybe just few meters after I hear from app the home point was recorded

Not here.

Please post a new topic or search site for similar queries.

All good with my battery. It actually charge to 100% just I didn't see it coz I never use charged battery immediately only next day or later. Thanks for all comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic