Battery voltage warning

Reaction score
I have left my phantom 3 standard without fly for a long while maybe a month or two and have the battery on discharge after 10 days. When I went two fly it today it gave me the message of a critical voltage warning and landed automatically. This happened to me a month ago with it as well. Does anyone know what this is from? Will I have to buy a new battery?
Thanks in advance

Does anyone know what this is from? Will I have to buy a new battery?
Possibly a bad cell in the battery. Look at your voltage level for each cell in the app. Or better yet, take a look at your flight log from this flight.

Possibly a bad cell in the battery. Look at your voltage level for each cell in the app. Or better yet, take a look at your flight log from this flight.
Yeah because one of the cells was red while the other 3 were green when I flew it a few weeks ago, what should I do?
Thanks

I have left my phantom 3 standard without fly for a long while maybe a month or two and have the battery on discharge after 10 days. When I went two fly it today it gave me the message of a critical voltage warning and landed automatically. This happened to me a month ago with it as well. Does anyone know what this is from? Will I have to buy a new battery?
Thanks in advance
You didn't say if you fully charged the battery before taking it out to fly. What you experienced is exactly what would be expected to happen if you didn't charge the battery first after not using it that long of a time.

Yeah because one of the cells was red while the other 3 were green when I flew it a few weeks ago, what should I do?
Thanks
If it was mine I would fully charge the battery and take it out and hover close to the ground to cycle the battery down very low and recharge it again. Keep a very close eye on the battery cell levels and be ready to land at the first sign of trouble.

Reactions: Ben keane
Try cycling the battery. DJI recommends you take the battery down to 8% every 20 charges, then fully charge it again. If the fourth cell is still red, it's probably toast

Reactions: stu2b2

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj