Battery Update

Reaction score
After waiting six weeks I finally got a new battery from DJI. My question is will the battery auto update without the bin file on sd card and inserted into bird or do I have to put bin file on sd card and update battery that way. I am on latest firmware and Go App doesn't show any warning to update battery. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Phantom2USA
Good job waiting them out..

After waiting six weeks I finally got a new battery from DJI. My question is will the battery auto update without the bin file on sd card and inserted into bird or do I have to put bin file on sd card and update battery that way. I am on latest firmware and Go App doesn't show any warning to update battery. Thanks in advance!

No, you have to put the bin file on the sd card, when you'll switch on the bird this will start playing the tones of the firmware upgrade, but it will be a shorter procedure and at the same time the battery leds will change

It will finish at the same tones D-DD with green led in front of gimball, about one or two minutes max

At the end, before flight, please check the version of the bird firmware in Dji Go with the new updated battery, it doesn't have to appear like 1.5.30+, if there is the "+" sign at the end it means the update was not successful

I don't think you do have to have the SD card in the AC, as FW is transferred from the SD, to and is held, within the AC.

I don't think you do have to have the SD card in the AC, as FW is transferred from the SD, to and is held, within the AC.

No, if you haven't the SD with the bin file the battery will not update...my experience on my P3P

No, if you haven't the SD with the bin file the battery will not update...my experience on my P3P
Hmmmm. So when the DJI updated the battery FW early last year for better cold weather operation and subsequently, I then purchased additional batteries that had not been updated, how was the FW update transferred to the new units, which they most definitely were, without the bin file available?

Hmmmm. So when the DJI updated the battery FW early last year for better cold weather operation and subsequently, I then purchased additional batteries that had not been updated, how was the FW update transferred to the new units, which they most definitely were, without the bin file available?

I don't know what could have happened to you...I know only what happened to me...and when I purchased a new battery until I replaced the bin file on sd card it didn't update :(

My observation as many here know - being the one who LEAVES bin file on SD Card after any update ... I have had to let download of Bin file to update batterys when I have cleaned up my card in past ...

I do not believe that can have changed with later updates.

Nigel

Can you do a battery update for non DJI batteries??? I have 1 that won't let me fly with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT