Battery temperature

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 batteries continue to show around 150 degrees F after a long flight. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Yeh I be watching this I get hot p4 Batts as well,do reduce my flight time because of it,makes inside bit to warm for my liking,haven't aimed digital thermometer at yet but will next flight,,long flight batt almost to hot to hold,

Um we actually got heat wave here at moment,30+%,not normal for Wellington but makes change,normal day between 10 and 23% ,has been to hot to fly last couple days,,

Last edited by a moderator:
With ambient temperatures above 85 F (30 C) I've seen my batteries get up to 150 F (65 C) internally. -- It's normal.

If you don't like hot batteries, you need to fly when the ambient temperature is -35 F (-31 C).. They stay at a nice comfortable 75 F (24C) :)

Reactions: intrepidiii
With ambient temperatures above 85 F (30 C) I've seen my batteries get up to 150 F (65 C) internally. -- It's normal.

If you don't like hot batteries, you need to fly when the ambient temperature is -35 F (-31 C).. They stay at a nice comfortable 75 F (24C) :)
Agreed- normal and expected. LiION perform very well at these elevated temps however the trade off is cycle count and service life are significantly reduced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers