battery stays in storage mode

Reaction score
hello there
ive recently bought a used battery with 8 charges. when it came to me it was in storage mode and about 20% power left on it. ive charged it till 100% message about storage didnt went away so ive tried to discharge it in hover mode.. at about 28% drone gave me an alert about low voltage and it autolanded.. ive let the battery to discharge at about 7% and let it cool down.. later i put it on the charger till it reach 100% and see if message about storage went away.. when turned on the drone it was on 98% and the message was and its still there..

what do i do now?? whats the next step?? i surely cant use it as voltages per cel differ from 0.4 to 07 .. i dont wanna have again emergency autolanding.. ?

tnx in advance
xrider

hello there
ive recently bought a used battery with 8 charges. when it came to me it was in storage mode and about 20% power left on it. ive charged it till 100% message about storage didnt went away so ive tried to discharge it in hover mode.. at about 28% drone gave me an alert about low voltage and it autolanded.. ive let the battery to discharge at about 7% and let it cool down.. later i put it on the charger till it reach 100% and see if message about storage went away.. when turned on the drone it was on 98% and the message was and its still there..

what do i do now?? whats the next step?? i surely cant use it as voltages per cel differ from 0.4 to 07 .. i dont wanna have again emergency autolanding.. ?

tnx in advance
xrider
Batterys, if have any doubts don't fly it just use for set up etc,,could try the 5 sec press on batt to see batt cell health,,if 4 lights come up it might be ok,,what was you critical battery levels set at,,mine at 30 then at 10,,I have in the past had a auto land at mile and half out from me,,took few attempts to cancel it to,would have been a good Bush walk lol,can t explain the 98% fully charged batt unless it used 2 volts to warm up imu ,,I have never seen this storage message so that new to me,,,,I still have me p4 battery that charges to 100 but even like this it went critical as soon as I get to 400ft,,you know what happen next,uncontrolled decent to 72ft before it turned itself off and free falled me p4,one dead drone,so unsure what to suggest about this but keep it for testing,just not worth losing drone over it,,I know it has low charges but the risk is very high for something to go wrong...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah another talk to fresh air,why post if you don't reply,,I know my answer not the best but at least I replyed,,you think I talking ****,,I not know much but I know not to trust a battery that plays games.......this forum has gone to the dogs lately,must be time time

Reactions: dronesky
Ah another talk to fresh air,why post if you don't reply,,I know my answer not the best but at least I replyed,,you think I talking ****,,I not know much but I know not to trust a battery that plays games.......this forum has gone to the dogs lately,must be time time
I hear you friend. I don't know much, but I would check the flight data and see what the battery cells are doing.

Never seen a message Storage Mode ..... and how do you put a P3 battery into Storage Mode ??

Honest ... I'm asking !

Have you hooked your drone and battery to your computer and using assistant 2 look for an update or an error message, for the battery?

Never seen a message Storage Mode ..... and how do you put a P3 battery into Storage Mode ??

Honest ... I'm asking !
Hybination mode I have heard,,storage mode I never heard of especially in a prompt,,,I never put batterys to sleep ,,I use them,,why put into hybination mode,,that's a batt killer,,after losing 2 batterys from discharging to far I always charge them up ,,unless it dead nothing sleeps

Reactions: Capt KO
I've seen a similar message with my P3P. If my battery has entered auto discharge mode and I charge it before flying. I will sometimes get a message when i check the battery screen before flying saying something like "battery discharging from storage" After flying the message is gone.

Where are you xrider? You ask a question seeking help and then you don't bother to come back to the forum? Very rude and a waste of members time!
I was going to add my two penny's worth but won't bother!

Where are you xrider? You ask a question seeking help and then you don't bother to come back to the forum? Very rude and a waste of members time!
I was going to add my two penny's worth but won't bother!

hey.. im here.. i was way busy.. sorry for not posting

i ve sent to dji the battery.. no troubleshooting could be done as battery was behaving way off.. it was not safe to fly at all.. there were big deviations per cell during arm.. so.. it was dangerous to fly.. when ive put it on charger to try a power cycle battery swelled.. i was like "what the hell??!!" .. took it out immediately and informed dji.. they are goin to send me a replacement.. 2nd battery that was sent in for same reason..

whats goin on with p3 batteries lately?? i really want to know.. is that because dji wants p3 to fell from the sky and go buy new drones or what?? im a bit annoyed with that..

"whats goin on with p3 batteries lately" - nothing in general is the answer. I've got two batteries that have been with my P3A since purchase back in 2015, never had any problems (fingers securely crossed). Currently waiting for my drone to come back following a minor argument with the tree branch, then hopefully they will both still be OK! Never done anything with them other than charge them before flying using the supplied charger.

same thing happened with 2 new batteries in a row.. well.. its seems that im attracting bad luck lately.. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan