BATTERY SOFTWARE UPDATE NEEDED - NED ADVICE FROM YOU PRO's

Reaction score
My P3Advanced is new. I have 3 batteries, all DJI..... With 2 of the batteries, when I put them in the Phantom I get this message in the Go App Aircraft Status:

OVERALL STATUS > FIRMWARE REQUIRES UPGRADE > When I click on that, it says Battery Requires Upgrade. But that's as far as it goes. Can someone tell me what this means? Surely someone else here has experienced this. I succesfully upgraded the Phantom firmware already and am still getting this message.
My 3rd battery works fine with no messages.

My P3Advanced is new. I have 3 batteries, all DJI..... With 2 of the batteries, when I put them in the Phantom I get this message in the Go App Aircraft Status:

OVERALL STATUS > FIRMWARE REQUIRES UPGRADE > When I click on that, it says Battery Requires Upgrade. But that's as far as it goes. Can someone tell me what this means? Surely someone else here has experienced this. I succesfully upgraded the Phantom firmware already and am still getting this message.
My 3rd battery works fine with no messages.

You say that you have updated the firmware on the Phantom but have you also done this for each battery as outlined in the directions?

Do the same as if you are going to update the Phantom but with each battery. I suspect you don't have a message with one battery as this was the one in the Phantom when you initially updated the Phantom itself and the battery also updated.

You can also search on Youtube for many videos on how to update batteries but it's pretty much the same as updating the Phantom, you just turn on the Phantom with the same bin file on the SD card, let the battery update, power down and put the next battery in. Rinse, repeat.

BillH, you can find detailed installation instructions here.

You say that you have updated the firmware on the Phantom but have you also done this for each battery as outlined in the directions?

Do the same as if you are going to update the Phantom but with each battery. I suspect you don't have a message with one battery as this was the one in the Phantom when you initially updated the Phantom itself and the battery also updated.

You can also search on Youtube for many videos on how to update batteries but it's pretty much the same as updating the Phantom, you just turn on the Phantom with the same bin file on the SD card, let the battery update, power down and put the next battery in. Rinse, repeat.

OK, here's what I have done.
I downloaded the Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040 2015-12-22 To my Sd Card.
I then placed the SD card in the camera, and let it upgrade. Everything was fine until I changed batteries, and I got that upgrade battery message.
I tried updating individual batteries like you say, but it would not update.
I pulled the SD card and saw that I had erased the updated firmware, so I went to the DJI site and downloaded it again to my SD card.
I put the SD card with the download back into the gimbal, but it still does not update the batteries when I turn it on.

Did the batteries seem to upgrade properly (like explained in my instructions)?

Did the batteries seem to upgrade properly (like explained in my instructions)?
I reloaded the Firmware on my SD card again, stuck it in the P3Standard Gimbal, and now it is currently updating the Phantom again. Flashing Green Red light on gimbal, and now it's solid green again.
I shut off the Phantom, placed Battery 2 in Phantom, and turned on, Now updating again.
Maybe it's working this time. It was all my fault because I didn't know about leaving the update on the SD card and updating all my batteries.
I'll post again After I have run all the batteries through.
I'm really glad we have all you guys here to help out with this kind of stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga