Battery recommendations

I agree that OEM are the best and safest but as I've said, they can no longer be found so our next best bet is to use a known reliable 3rd party battery. And they are out there. I'm not ready to retire my P3P simply because OEM batteries are no longer available.
I actually won my P3 at a conference and have only flown it a half dozen times. The last time, I crashed it, so I took this quarantine time to repair it. Now that's it's back in operation, I want to pick up some extra batteries. That should give me more reason to actually take the thing out and fly it. I think I'll go with the FlyHi's. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: 3rdof5
I am going to be buying a new battery soon to replace the one I retired. I will probably go with PowerExtra as I already have 3 of their batteries, all around 3 years old and over 100 charge cycles on each of them. They are all still working perfectly.

I also have a Spark and have just bought 2 new batteries for it. They are getting harder to find now too and there are no 3rd party batteries unlike for the P3.

Chris

Just ordered another PowerExtra battery from Amazon.ca for my P3S. Interestingly the FlyHi batteries don't seem to be available anymore. Hoping my PowerExtra one is fine just like my other 3. If not, I have read that they have good customer service which good to know in case I get a bad one.

I will now have 4 in-service batteries. I am hoping my two oldest PowerExtra ones will last a little longer as it seems finding good third party batteries is getting more difficult now.

Chris

Got my PowerExtra battery from Amazon yesterday and did a flight today with it. The battery worked perfectly, just like the others and my original DJI battery. All 4 cells were fine and there were no major cell deviations.

Chris

I've just bought an OEM factory refurbished P3P battery, it came with 3 lights when tested so I charged it up and flew, according to airdata it had a few minor deviations in 1 cell, the next flight it had slightly less deviations, now I've had 4 flights with it and hardly any deviations at all so I think it needed to be recharged a few time to get it up to normal, when it came there was no marks on it at all still had the stickers on the button it looked exactly the same as my origianal one it cost about £53.00 so I recon it's a bargain

.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-DJI-Phantom-3-15-2V-4480mAh-Battery-Professional-Advance-Standard-4K/274295125114?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=574393428188&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Not sure why 3rdof5 would condemn the Powerextra batteries. I've had one for a couple of years now and as far as I have seen behaves exactly like an OEM. Same specification, get the same flight time out of it.
IMG_7646.jpg

Not sure why 3rdof5 would condemn the Powerextra batteries. I've had one for a couple of years now and as far as I have seen behaves exactly like an OEM. Same specification, get the same flight time out of it.
View attachment 118876
In another thread you created about a "ticking sound" you mentioned you use OEM batteries. I also experienced the same ticking sound ONLY when using powerextra batteries. I've owned 3 power extra batteries, I returned the first 2 due to the ticking sound and they both reported cell errors (although they flew perfectly fine). I still have one power extra battery, it doesnt report cell errors but it does do the "ticking sound" after a long flight and it doesnt auto discharge. My OEM and my Flyhi battery do not produce any ticking and they both function perfectly, including auto discharging.

Interesting. Funnily enough I thought both the batteries I've got (from my son) were DJI! It's only now when I looked that I see one isn't, it's a DL-UAV-DJ3 whoever makes that, and yes, only one "clicks". Next time I fly I'll see which one it is but I think I know.

Reactions: 3rdof5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31