Battery question

Reaction score
Hi,
I did search before posting but found nothing.
Do the P4 batteries have an estimated charge limit before needing replacement?

DJI has a 6 month and 200 charge cycles for their warranty. If you look at some other hobby Li-Po batteries, you'll find their warranty as low as 30 days out to 90 days. Seems that an annual replacement might happen with many, or perhaps a recommended time to replace them.

More weird was the Prius car had some 10 year free replacement on its battery due to it being part of the smog package in CA. We kept it as I was curious how long it would last due to a lot of naysayers on that battery. Bizarre part was it failed at exactly 10 years and 6 months so we had to pay the $3,200 for the replacement. Dealer said, "You missed it being free by 6 months!" Seems Toyota knew how long the warranty would hold out -- and maybe DJI knows too.

Reactions: Hangman3
Many variables will determine battery life, the biggest killer is high amp drain that causes low battery voltages that if they go too low it causes irreversible damages. The amount I forget I think it's around 3v. (someone can correct me on this). The other biggy is extended high amp drain that causes extreme battery temperatures like flying all the time maxed out in s mode. Let your batteries totally cool down before charging, if they are too hot your smart battery will not charge anyway but I usually wait till they are room temperature. Don't leave them uncharged, I charge them to storage levels 50% after every flight and to 100% the day I plan to fly. I have several batteries with more than 50 charges and they are still in the 90%+ battery life. I try to land around 20% and sometime I have to go lower. I don't discharge them from 100% to 50% in case I don't use them I keep a few charged in case I do need them, I leave it at 10 days auto discharge or will fly it down to 50%. If you discharge them to 50% every time just to store for a few day's you are still cycling the battery. A battery is a chemical reaction and it's life is finite, only so much energy is available in it's life time and it's up to us to maximize it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West