Battery query solved.....maybe ,but now this !

Reaction score
I am now looking at the issue of a radio set for my F550. Torn between using gear I have on hand - Hitec Eclipse 2.4 , or getting some DJI kit , Tx and Rx. But if DJI, 2.4 0r 5.8? Any suggestions on which DJI combo to go for , or just use the Hitec with a 7 channel Optima Rx? RThat's assuming the Hitec Eclipse has the facility to have a sprung, return to centre throttle stick ,it's been a while since I last used this set and can't remember.

Any suggestions on which DJI combo to go for

Hey Dim, it's me again :D. I don't know how much of my F550 thread you have read, but in it I mention how easy the install and config (actually none, just PnP) was on the DJI DT7/DR16 combo. I still used the NAZA M Assistant to verify all the stick functionality, but this Tx/Rx combo is sweeeeet. No compatibility problems, just plug 'er up and fly. Hope this helps...

So....I checked the Eclipse , and the parts to set it up as centred throttle are'nt there. Contacted the importer to see if they might have 'em . Looked at the DJI Tx ,a mark 2 with upper left gimbal wheel and internal li po. Available for 35 of our Earth pounds. Not found a suitable Rx yet, might be hard to come by by the look of it . The Hitec set is new and unused ,one of a pair I have this 'un converted yo 2.4 ,other slightly used still on 35 mhz , would make sense to use it as all my fixed-wing capers are handled by an Aurora 9. If parts to do the swop are'nt available, then Dji gets more of my filthy money. I DO like the idea of a sweeeet set up . One more thing, tho'. I can't see without taking the top plate off where any USB cable would connect tothe NAZA , do you know where it is? Is it accessible without removing the unit from the lower board? I could read the manual ,but a cursory ( very cursory ,remember my attention span? ) look has'nt revealed any thing yet.
EDIT...It was 55 pounds, not 35 , but could not find a suitable Rx , only an un-cased internal one for a P2.

Last edited:
I can't see without taking the top plate off where any USB cable would connect tothe NAZA , do you know where it is?

Hey man, just checked mine because I couldn't remember where it was. It's actually on the LED module that plugs into the NAZA M V2. Hope that helps.

BTW, if you get the DT7/DT16 combo, you won't have to worry about where to score the receiver alone. I searched for weeks trying to find just the receiver and no joy. The DT7 is really cool with the onboard LiPO, especially with the four LED charge indicators for percent charge remaining. I had one guy ask me about the Hitec transmitter, as he was building an F550 too. We could neither one find a compatible receiver. So I was happy to be able to score the DJI combo and plug it all up, ready to fly.

Still waiting on the Hitec importer to get back to me regarding the throttle stick parts. Will look at my LED module for the USB EDIT; found it !. Bit of an odd spot methinks, but I suppose it be just the same as using any receiver channel socket to power it - all the electrons end up at the same place. The 5 Amp Li-Pos arrived today , they are a bit on the heavy side , so will use singly and score some bigger packs in the fullness of time , so to speak. Just off into cyber-land to see what's doing with the DT7/16 combo you suggest. If it has DJI on it ,well..........BOHICA!

Last edited:
No response from the Hitec importer....so ordered a DJI Tx/Rx combo. Seller could not confirm whether it's the V2 with li-po and gimbal wheel , and their website shows a pic of the older P1.P2 Tx.He sez "ought to be latest version" , I can return it if it is'nt ,so ought to work out one way or 't other. He could neither confirm or otherwise whether a D-bus cable is in the box either. We'll see , I s'pose.

Good move on the DJI Combo. I know you'll enjoy the ease of install and config. The V2 with the internal LiPO and thumb wheel is far superior to the original. It also has the locking left stick down function. I ordered the wrong one because the website showed V2 and sent V1, so I sent it back (along with a significant 15% restocking fee. I'll mention that the V2 was extremely hard to find in stock and don't really remember where I found it. Anyway, let us know how it goes...

Should wash up on these shores by Monday. If it's a v1, it goes back ,I was assured it "should be " a v2, so they can't come the ol' restocking fee malarkey if they sent the wrong item. We'll see.

It's here! And it's the correct V2.Too good to be true? Maybe ,I can't get it to connect to the PC, get the " last usb device you connected malfunctioned" dialog. Not getting any connection/comm indicators on the assistant screen ,either ,as you'd expect. Just off to pull the top plate and check the conns , it be easier without it in place.

Last edited:
Now been out an hour ago ,and all works as advertised. Very pleased, thanx Reb for nudging me towards the DJI combo , it really is an easy setup ,apart from windoze 10 and it's issues with usb configs , etc. I would not hesitate to recommend this combo . It - the DJI driver, that is -don't like the 64bit flavour of this ,er ,"esteemed " operating system, despite what I've seen on the Toob suggesting otherwise. Now to try and find some less flexy props for it. Not as easy as you'd think, it seems . The DJI hub fitting has a double flat ,which I like ,but these are proving hard to find , even the flexy Dji ones. At least they did'nt break when it hopped the fence into next door's kitchen wall !!

That's great news Dim, about the combo, not the crash :eek:. Yeah, Win 10 and some drivers are a major hassle. I posted a link to a great solution in my F550 Build thread, so there's some good info there on the drivers. I think I remember posting a separate thread on driver installation there also. OK, so let's get flying...

Luckily for me, I have a Windows 7 and an XP machine lying around ,so can at least get stuff done. Found some props at Hobbyking , with the double flat ordered today , delivery tomorrow morning ,and reasonably cheap ,too . So whilst there I splurged on some LED lighting ,to be powered by a small 3s li-po of which I have a few looking for work . I think orientation is quite an issue with this hex, so these ought to help. May get some pix up soon .

fiddle-faddle-butter-toffee-8-oz.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4