Battery problems

Reaction score
Hi went out for a fly today and took both my batteries the new one I have performed excellent but the one I got with the phantom used and was told wasnt used much seems to be having some problems, when I went out last time I noticed it drained real quick and just thought maybe i hadnt charged it up all the way but today when I put it in the charger it charged for maybe 20 mins and said it was full, hit the button all lights lit up saying it was fully charged went out for a fly and checked it in the first few mins of flight 95 % then after a few mins of flying it just seemed to lose juice real fast before I knew it I was getting beeping low battery, and ides why this is happening worked fine before the last 2 flights, the charger even said it was charged when all the lights were green and went out...

Hi went out for a fly today and took both my batteries the new one I have performed excellent but the one I got with the phantom used and was told wasnt used much seems to be having some problems, when I went out last time I noticed it drained real quick and just thought maybe i hadnt charged it up all the way but today when I put it in the charger it charged for maybe 20 mins and said it was full, hit the button all lights lit up saying it was fully charged went out for a fly and checked it in the first few mins of flight 95 % then after a few mins of flying it just seemed to lose juice real fast before I knew it I was getting beeping low battery, and ides why this is happening worked fine before the last 2 flights, the charger even said it was charged when all the lights were green and went out...
Can you check it in assistant and see if the cells are close .

You can also hold down the start button (out of the P2) until it starts flashing and see many bars are lite or flashing.

You can also hold down the start button (out of the P2) until it starts flashing and see many bars are lite or flashing.
That wouldn't tell him if he had a bad cell though would it Jason ?

That wouldn't tell him if he had a bad cell though would it Jason ?

No. What it would tell is what percentage of battery life is left after charging.

No. What it would tell is what percentage of battery life is left after charging.
OK , I was thinking he might have a bad cell from his post . I see what ya saying now .

OK , I was thinking he might have a bad cell from his post . I see what ya saying now .

Basicly the same as hooking it up to the software which gives you the same info +.

I look at my cell #'s

Here's a video that Mic Bergsma made on the subject.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a that Mic Bergsma made on the subject.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
seen it. he's a hoot !

Reactions: dirkclod
Well held in the red button on the battery till she flashed all green lights are solid, checked the battery in the assistant software and this is what she reads.....
Cell#1 (3794)
Cell#2 (3794)
Cell#3 (3782)
percentage of life 96%
every thing seems normal what do you guys think?
is there some way to reset the battery or something?

Well held in the red button on the battery till she flashed all green lights are solid, checked the battery in the assistant software and this is what she reads.....
Cell#1 (3794)
Cell#2 (3794)
Cell#3 (3782)
percentage of life 96%
every thing seems normal what do you guys think?
is there some way to reset the battery or something?
No battery expert but one is alittle low . Don't know if that could be your problem but maybe someone will see those #'s and tell us !! Is your battery swelling any ?

not sure what a swelled battery looks like yet but there does seem to be a bit on the sides, not lots but its not totally flat like my new ones is if that means anything but not alot, almost feels like there is a bit of air in the sides , just a little ...is that normal

not sure what a swelled battery looks like yet but there does seem to be a bit on the sides, not lots but its not totally flat like my new ones is if that means anything but not alot, almost feels like there is a bit of air in the sides , just a little ...is that normal
Here's one I sent back that had a bad cell .
PuffedBattery.jpg
sometimes I have seen them when warm
be a little like this and when it cooled down it went down
Edit / Wrong picture but this is what it looked like . ...Not my picture.

ya that top one looks like mine must be a bad cell then, my new one looks like the bottom one and my older one looks like the top one..... but yet when I hold the red button in all green lights are solid

ya that top one looks like mine must be a bad cell then, my new one looks like the bottom one and my older one looks like the top one..... but yet when I hold the red button in all green lights are solid
Might be it I don't know for sure bro !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic