Battery powers up out of the P2 but not in it.

Reaction score
Hi I'm new, but I've been lurking for a short time.

I recently crashed my P2 and repaired it. Replacing one esc,one motor, the shell, and the receiver. Now when I slide the battery into the compartment and power it on it turns off within 2 seconds. I don't get any lights from the LEDs. But like I said it powers on out of the P2.
Pre repair i could power it on still with three LEDs yellow and one red.
Any suggestions as to what to look at?
What other info might you need?

You have a short somewhere, or something else is still bad in there drawing too much currnet. The battery is doing what it's designed to in that case, it powers up, detects a short or too much current draw, then powers off.

Check your soldering on the ESC, make sure the V and G aren't backwards. Also make sure the new Receiver is plugged in correctly as they didn't key that.

I found a short. I must have taken too long soldering or was too rough with the power wires to the ESC. I decided to start undoing my "repairs" and started by unsoldering the white wire and it worked. I soldered in the one from the old ESC and no problems. Now I need to figure out why my gimbal is freaking out... Does the P2 need to be bound to the controller for the gimbal to settle down?

Thanks for the info guys.

Rule #1, they're all Rule #1 though, Transmitter bound and on before the Phantom. Naturally that doesn't apply to binding it as that has to be done vice-versa there, but never power up the Phantom before the controller, inside or out.

The Gimbal acting up could be from that, or it could also be from the crash. Those things are made to be precise, not take large impacts, so you'll have to see there after binding and calibrating your controller how it acts. Also, if your Gimbal takes a camera that you can remove, again Rule #1 there, make sure that it's on the Gimbal before powering it up, as it needs that weight to balance itself out, it can't work properly on it's own.

I still need to mess with the gimbal. It hasn't been very nice here in Nebraska lately so I haven't been in a hurry to work on it. I had a couple of people PM me but I cant reply... Too new of a member is the message I get from the site.

Thanks guys.

As RDCF550 says below - you must not apply power to the gimbal without the GoPro (or other camera) fitted. It will be trying to balance itself and will tie itself in knots if it is not loaded.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl