Battery Maintenance

Reaction score
Someone should make a charger that has an option to charge to either 50% or 100% depending on your needs.

i.e. if you return home with batteries at 15%, you could set the charge to auto off at 50%.

That would make it easier to set and keep batteries at 50% until the need for a full charge.

Last edited:
What I do is set my kitchen timer. I use one minute for each percent.

Ex) My battery is at 33%, I'll start charging it and set the timer for 17 minutes. When the timer goes off, if the battery isn't where I want it, I'll charge it some more and reset the timer for 5 minutes or so... etc.

Reactions: Techcop50
If your battery is at 25% is it okay to charge it up to 50-60% and then unplug or do you need to charge it up to 100% and then let it self discharge? I'm talking about a long term storage situation.

If your battery is at 25% is it okay to charge it up to 50-60% and then unplug or do you need to charge it up to 100% and then let it self discharge? I'm talking about a long term storage situation.
Yes. This fact this is what the OP is hoping to achieve. Good practice.

Reactions: Loz
A standard LiPo programmable charger will do what the OP is asking for. They have storage mode but the problem is DJI have decided that the Balance lead is not for our use. So you have to play with TOTAL voltage. This does not g'tee balanced cells via external means.

So in reality the best answer is to use the built in DJI program in the battery control board.

If you land with 30% or more ... then that's fine to store. No need to charge up to 50%.

If you land with less than 30% - then charge it up ... and let the DJI auto discharge function work for you. I advise to set the auto discharge to not more than 2 days ... the 10 day default is far too long unless you are a daily user of the packs. You do not even have to charge up fully ... not even need to time it ... Why not ? If you charge up higher than the DJI programmed storage point - it will auto discharge back to storage. If you don't charge up higher than that point - as long as you are over 30% you are in good range to store.
If you have 1 solid + 1 flashing LED on check - that's the lowest level for storage ... if you have 2 solid LED's - then that's fine to store.

No rocket science to this really ...

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers