Clueless about battery maintenance

Reaction score
I recently replaced my batteries (3) DJI because I didn't maintain my original ones. I don't fly my drone a lot but would like to maintain my batteries so I don't have to go through this again. I also bought a DJI 3 port charger with a storage function.

Could someone give me the cliffsnotes version on battery maintenance? I read something about 50% charge?

Thank you everyone for any suggestions.

50% charge is what I use for storage just have to check them periodically because over time charge goes down if it gets too low battery wont charge no more and you have to replace battery

Reactions: BigL
I bought the same DJI 3 port charger add on. Good choice:) Slide the switch to storage mode. It will either charge or discharge the battery(s) as needed. If you haven’t used your battery(s) for a month or two or three, put it / them back on, again in storage mode, and let it top them off. Leaves the guess work of charge percentage / cell balancing to the DJI engineers. Has worked well for me so far.

I bought the same DJI 3 port charger add on. Good choice:) Slide the switch to storage mode. It will either charge or discharge the battery(s) as needed. If you haven’t used your battery(s) for a month or two or three, put it / them back on, again in storage mode, and let it top them off. Leaves the guess work of charge percentage / cell balancing to the DJI engineers. Has worked well for me so far.
Thank you. So I can leave them on the charger on the storage setting and it should take care of the batteries on it's own? I let my last 2 batteries discharge and ruined them so I'm gun shy now.

Thank you. So I can leave them on the charger on the storage setting and it should take care of the batteries on it's own? I let my last 2 batteries discharge and ruined them so I'm gun shy now.
I'd pose that question to a tech rep at DJI. Don't know if that an acceptable method or not.
Were your batteries fully charged, fully discharged, or somewhere in the middle before you left them set and go bad..
If you haven't changed the setting, they are all pre-programmed to discharge into storage mode after 10 days.
If you left them set when drained or below mid-charge, that doesn't come into play.

Personally, I would put the batteries on the 3 port charger, in storage mode, wait til the lights go out, and remove them.
Then every 1 to 3 months, put them back on the 3 port charger (again, with switch in storage mode) to top off if needed.
Rinse, repeat as necessary.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj