Battery Life

I get close to the same.About 16-18 mins to 30%.

It's right on the 1300g weight limit, carrying GoPro, Zenmuse, vTX, Spironet Antenna, Flytrex Core, Futaba R2008SB Receiver.

The Phantom 2 book says you should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left after every 20 charge/discharge cycles. How do you discharge the battery below 8%? Just leave the Phantom powered up on the ground?

DesertFlyer53 said:
The Phantom 2 book says you should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left after every 20 charge/discharge cycles. How do you discharge the battery below 8%? Just leave the Phantom powered up on the ground?
Yep throttle it up to hover as long as u can than let it idle in ground.. That's what I have done....

I get 18+ minutes and never get into <25% condition. Cycle your batteries and see if it changes. I sometimes fly high, sometimes full speed everywhere, and sometimes I just practice manuvers like vertical eight, half vertical loop, horizontal eights. Practicing them all in reverse and then really slow is fun. I get lots of flying time and 60 minute charge. (Now I just two more batteries and 2 12VDC dji chargers.). Treat them well, don't crash and land softly.

Bill_Burkert said:
I get 18+ minutes and never get into <25% condition. Cycle your batteries and see if it changes. I sometimes fly high, sometimes full speed everywhere, and sometimes I just practice manuvers like vertical eight, half vertical loop, horizontal eights. Practicing them all in reverse and then really slow is fun. I get lots of flying time and 60 minute charge. (Now I just two more batteries and 2 12VDC dji chargers.). Treat them well, don't crash and land softly.

How are u getting 60min charge times ?

Bill_Burkert said:

I have never seen a 60 minute charge, unless my battery was only at 50% capacity. I have multiple chargers so no big deal. I think we need to remember our FPV setups drain some extra battery, thus our shorter flight times.

If I'm charging from about 25-30% it takes about 50 mins

goldfishrock said:
If I'm charging from about 25-30% it takes about 50 mins

That's great. I know with all of my batteries and my buddy's batteries, they take well over an hour each and many times up to two hours. This is on several different charges as well. It seems like it's more of a balancing issue.

My friend who has a fair idea about electronics had the idea of wiring a toggle switch to bypass the power being sent to the AVL-58 and H23D on the Phantom 2. In theory this would be handy if you only wanted to practice flying and not record any footage. Would this give better battery life?

rodemic said:
My friend who has a fair idea about electronics had the idea of wiring a toggle switch to bypass the power being sent to the AVL-58 and H23D on the Phantom 2. In theory this would be handy if you only wanted to practice flying and not record any footage. Would this give better battery life?

Only marginally. It's more the energy required to carry the gimbal and the GoPro than anything else. Besides, you wouldn't have any FPV which, once you get used to having it, you don't want to fly without it.

ianwood said:
When you plug in the assistant software, it will tell you how many cycles the battery has done.

Where does it tell you this? I think I looked everywhere but couldn't find this stat.
I think I'm probably close to the 20 cycle mark for both my batteries . . .

poostik said:
Where does it tell you this? I think I looked everywhere but couldn't find this stat.
I think I'm probably close to the 20 cycle mark for both my batteries . . .

Advanced menu, battery sub-menu. I don't think you need to drain them down exactly every 20 cycles just roughly every 20.

rodemic said:

Only very marginally, you'd be better off just taking the gimbal & camera off, that should get you an extra 5mins or so.

ianwood said:
Advanced menu, battery sub-menu. I don't think you need to drain them down exactly every 20 cycles just roughly every 20.

thanks. I'll check it.
I realize it's not an exact number but just a guide. I am curious because I lost count of my flights at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20