Battery life

Reaction score
I have 8 hrs 19 minutes flight time and 32 charge cycles on the single battery my P3 came with. Average flight time per charge is 15-16 minutes. I've been cautious always returning with plenty in reserve.
My battery life indicator still shows 100% after 32 cycles.
How long should a battery last, in terms of cycles?? Anyone got some data?
Does the battery life indicator drop in steps of 1% or more?
Trying to figure how long I can expect a battery to stay the course.

Thanks

Its happened to me, after average on 20 cycle charging for the battery its giving me now only 15 or 17 mints not more, even from my forst flight ibhad the battery was fully charge its only give me not morr than 17 mints max 18. Is that normal to ????

If i go to hover, and just sit there without any inputs to burn energy then I can stretch to 20 minutes with almost no juice left

I've heard remaining still allowing the bird to hover burns more battery then moving at a slow steady pace. My personal tests seem to lean to that being true.

That's true unless you hover within ground effect. I guess the reality though is that battery life is 16 minutes.
My question though was to do with how many cycle you get from a battery. Would like to know that.

Thanks that's useful, interesting that the battery life display on the app says 100% after 32 chargers. It must drop in steps of several percent at at a time otherwise I'm good for hundreds of charges???? Thoughts?

I thought one video mentioned two hundred cycles before being replaced.
So did that Phanton 2 sheet. Discussing puffing...
"Chemically, at some point in a LiPo’s life, it will puff regardless, so we can only prolong the effects of puffing by treating our batteries with a level of respect they deserve. If you have a pack that has started to puff and you continue to use it in the same application, it will only get worse and should this occur the cells should be discarded fairly quickly! A little puffing is a sure sign that the pack is dying and must be used with caution. Once a battery has cooled down, the puffiness can reduce and most will generally keep using the battery, so if that’s you then keep on eye on it. Ideally, you should stop using a battery once it remains in a puffed state as you run the risk of fire, should the cell rupture, so be warned!"

When to Retire Lithium Polymer Batteries?
There are so many variables that determine the lifespan of your batteries and if a pack is abused, it will only last a handful of charges, yet if treated properly, you’ll see 200+ cycles from your packs. This of course depends on your application. As a general rule, when your battery no longer holds more than 80% of its original capacity, it’s time to retire your pack and certainly if there is excessive puffing.

I figured if it averages or equaled .50 cents a flight, Not too bad. At first I thought It seems excessively expensive. But when considering what's built into the Phantom 3 intelligent battery digital electronics. & Then add the intelligent charging software... The Phantom 3 even packs it's own lunch, when those extra batteries are available. ;-)
& now I'm down to approximately ten hours now before picking up 4 batteries...

That was easy... Hahaha I should celebrate have a party.

RedHotPoker

I reckon the battery would slowly fail if it is going in 30 cycle mark. Please be aware to fly your P3 with extra care as this just happened to me. Battery voltage turns red then yellow then green intermittently on DJI Pilot app. It indicates unstable battery from my guess. I am not very sure whether it is the real case but to let you guys be aware of the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair