Battery life: 100 times and still running

Reaction score
Is there a figure of how many charges a P4 battery lasts? I have 3 batteries reaching 100 times each one. I am worried they will fail sometime soon when flying. When do you stop using them and dispose them?

Last edited:
DJI used to say 200 cycles ... which with normal charge / recharge routines may actually equate to over 300 flights ... likely over 400.

Are you saying APP says 100 cycles or YOU are saying 100 flights ... and is that a total of all batterys or each one ?

If there is no sign of flight time or performance reduction - what are you worried about ? As the LiPo's age - the flight time will reduce ... you will notice that battery rate increasing during flight and you having to go home sooner.

DJI used to say 200 cycles ... which with normal charge / recharge routines may actually equate to over 300 flights ... likely over 400.

Are you saying APP says 100 cycles or YOU are saying 100 flights ... and is that a total of all batterys or each one ?

If there is no sign of flight time or performance reduction - what are you worried about ? As the LiPo's age - the flight time will reduce ... you will notice that battery rate increasing during flight and you having to go home sooner.
I am reading the APP number. I guess it is cycles. Not flights.

Reactions: offroadpyro
My buddy & I were flying our drones yesterday - he has a P3A and I have a MPP. He had one flight that was fine, then, on his second flight, shortly after taking off, he got a "Battery Error - landing" message. Luckily, he was able to get it back before it landed. The screen showed 86% charge remaining, so I think it is has problem where if one of the cells in the battery drops below a certain amount, the drone thinks it has a problem, so the safest thing to do is land. That is also his oldest battery (from 2017, not sure how many charges, but a bunch). It is also a genuine DJI factory battery. Is it true that if one of the battery cells drops below a certain voltage that the drone will initiate a landing?

On air data app it says you should get 200 cycles.?

Which is no doubt based on the old DJI advisory that said 200 cycles is expected battery life. Its what actually it uses for the LED Life indication.

The fact is though, the battery can last longer than the 200 ... it depends how YOU the user look after it.

Our batteries started to puff up to a point that I don't feel comfortable using them anymore. Surprisingly they only have about 60 cycles on them according to the app, some even less than that. I went ahead and ordered 13 new ones and will be disposing of the old ones.

13 new ones!! That's a lot of batteries. What are you flying ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj