Battery knackered ?

Reaction score
Hi all, I had a slight mis-hap with my P3P a week ago where I clipped a tree and the drone landed upside down in about 2 inches of water. The battery got what I would call damp mainly from the initial splash but was not submerged in the water. I got the drone out after about a minute or so. I immediately removed the battery to try to prevent any shorting. Got home, stripped the drone and ensured it was entirely dry. I have another 4 batteries and I'm glad to say the drone is fine.
However the battery will no longer charge. I have made a short video at
showing what happens when its powered up or put on charge.
If I power up the battery on its own, the power light comes on , the 1st led comes on solid, the second led flashes.
If I place the battery on charge the power light comes on, the first and second led's flash twice then all the light go out. This is then repeated for as long as the battery is left on charge.
Powering up the battery in the drone, the power light comes on , the first led comes on solid, the second led flashes but the drone does nothing.
I have other batteries which are charging fine and work in the drone with no problem.

I'm wondering if the battery just needs reprogramming, but as it won't do anything whilst in the drone how do you go about that? Any advice would be gratefully received.

J.

Unknown. But dry it out completely (1-3 days) and see if it will work. If not, it's toast.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4