Battery issues

Reaction score
Dear all,

I started having some issues with the P2 batteries.

They charge fine and work well until I reach about 45-50% charge when voltage drops to about 10.6V and I need to put almost full power to keep the phantom at the same altitude. The battery sign on fpv flashes as well.

After a short while, the battery percentage drops fairly fast towards 0. Both batteries have started behaving that way after about 9 months ownership. Charging time is unchanged. Is that normal?

Have you almost drained them at every 20 recharges ? How many charges are on the batteries?

10.65 is an internal threshold voltage that triggers the auto-land sequence so that is normal.

Why your batteries are losing their capacity can be due to a few factors. One is storage at full or empty charge for extended periods of time.

It looks like it is a fairly widespread issue. My batteries have only 21 cycles which is less than most people who have problems. I have discharged/charged them several times.

I just updated to the latest software from v1.08 and it seems to work a bit better, as in autoland occurs at about 15%. But as the charge is dropping dramatically by then, and as there is no possibility to intervene once it goes into that mode, the result was not pretty whilst testing today...so it is one option that I ticked off.

I also lost speed both horizontally and vertically so I might go back to v1.08 anyway.

Last thing: the new battery got the software updated to 2.6, but the option does not even show for the old ones. P/N are the same so I cannot quite see why?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj