Battery issue ...

Reaction score
I've searched with no luck . Just purchased a P3 4k from a guy today. Literally flown once . Not sure how long it sat . Batteries for bird are good as new . I go to charge the controller battery , the light flashes till about to the 2nd dot then shuts off. This controller and AC have never been updated . Bad battery ? Thank u for any help

Also, battery level shows 100% on app but controller has only 3 dots
20210124_173829.jpeg
20210124_173845.jpeg

"Batteries for bird are good as new".
How do you know, what tests have you done? How long have they been idle, have they been routinely checked while idle?

"This controller and AC have never been updated".
For a start, DONT start doing updates until you've done everything to sort it out, and failed. Updates cause more harm than good IMHO!
Turn everything on, connect your device which you will be flying with and open the GO app, set for your drone.

What are all the lights showing, on the drone and the RC?

Drone should have two red at the front, two solid green at the back, the L/H controller light should also be green if all is well.

If this is the case, try starting the drone by pulling the sticks down and in (I think it's the same for your drone as it is for the Advanced that I have.

Reactions: jimlips
This is my 2nd p3- 4k..Very familiar with this model. Lights are working as they should along with motors . Good GPS lock . Batteries were takin care of . (According to seller) I held button down on batteries for 10 sec to see their full capacity. The issue is the remote battery only . I plug it in and in roughly 30 secs it stops charging . I can continue to keep plugging it in and it will charge the battery. Just takes forever because I have to keep plugging it back in.

What's really weird is even if I'm getting 2 or 3 dots on the remote , it still shows 100% on iPad screen . I'm very leary of doing any updates till I resolve the battery issue . Bad battery?

Try discharging the RC battery, fly the drone a bit keeping an eye on the battery level in the App. Can't do any harm and will prove whether the battery is or is not actually charged.
If all else fails you can get a replacement battery for the RC, not that expensive.

Could it be that the last LED in the controller is burned out ? I think the iPad screen (showing fully charged controller) is pointing to that.

REL , The problem is not so much the lights. Read comments above where I talk about what's happening while charging

Has the RC been left off for a period of time? LiPo's don't like being idle.
Cant do any harm flying, keep it near, keep an eye on the R/C battery voltage.

Reactions: meissner58
Yes sir , I just flew it. Battery on controller seems to be accurate on both Dji go and litachi . I'm going to fly it a 2nd time in a few mins . I want to drain these batteries down to about 30 percent. Then charge controller back up and see if it acts up again on charger.

Ok guys I think I'm ok ..Just flew it a 2nd time . Flew great. Everything seems normal. Batteries match the gauges etc. Not sure what all that was about earlier. Question I have is Should I update anything? In the past I heard if it Flys good leave it alone . With my other P3 I updated once and left it alone . I believe I did a battery update. Can't remember. Can I do a remote firmware update with AC? Or just leave it?

I think the reason your charger kept shutting off is that it could sense that the RC battery was fully charged. That is the "normal" end of the charge reaction of the charger. Faulty led on the RC is what I think is the issue.

Reactions: meissner58

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj