Battery check, original or fake

Reaction score
How can I distinguish a standard Phantom 3 battery from a fake one,

If you have already posted about this topic, please the admin to move this message to that topic

Compare an OEM battery to a 3rd party side-by-side and you'll easily be able to see the difference (by at least looking at the marking on the sides battery).

I have found that LED's of my pattern ones have a more transparent shade of green than do 'originals'.
Also, as msinger noted, the labeling differs, on my pattern ones there is no pretence, they are labelled "compatible with PH3 intell....".
The power button can also be trickier to operate but aside from the latter I have had no 'problems' with them.
It might also be the case that, if left too long with out charging, pattern batteries will not lock out the connection to the power terminals as it seems the originals may do but it isn't something I am inclined to deliberately test.

One other thing has come to mind, I recollect that two of my pattern batteries ( I have 3) report the same serial number in the Go App but I would need to check that to be certain. I don't remember if they had serial number stickers and if so what those numbers were.

Last edited by a moderator:
OEM Should look like this.

20191013_114703.jpg

Last edited:
I have found that LED's of my pattern ones have a more transparent shade of green than do 'originals'.
Also, as msinger noted, the labeling differs, on my pattern ones there is no pretence, they are labelled "compatible with PH3 intell....".
The power button can also be trickier to operate but aside from the latter I have had no 'problems' with them.
It might also be the case that, if left too long with out charging, pattern batteries will not lock out the connection to the power terminals as it seems the originals may do but it isn't something I am inclined to deliberately test
The performance is affected?

No, they behave as well as the genuine batteries. Of course there may be some compatible ones which do not.

Attachments

• 20191013_165749 c&p.jpg
    20191013_165749 c&p.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
How can I distinguish a standard Phantom 3 battery from a fake one,

If you have already posted about this topic, please the admin to move this message to that topic
maybe also be careful that its not locked out by dji firmwear ive seen it posted here that sometimes the battery becomesa useless with firmwear chnages,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj