Battery break-in

Reaction score
I will be picking up my P3P today and I was wondering how I should go about break-in the battery. I know about the every 20 charge cycle but not how best to handle the first one.

I run mine down to 50% for the first 10 flights?, i've read that this "conditions" lipo batteries. DJI do not mention this though.

Thats what Im doing with mine. Even though you want to keep the P3 in the air as long as possible :)

Aparently you need to discharge it to 8% after 20 cycles then charge it to full

But Acording to a nother RC forum you must never let the cell voltage drop below 3.0v ever or it will permanently damage the battery. And another talking about you should only discharge to 20% or you damage the battery.

Not to mention if this is a "smart battery " dose it factor in the last 20% so it tells you the usable capacity only so that 0 means 20% or dose it tell you the capacity as a whole then we have to factor in that 20%.

There is way too much conflicting information and lack of information on how exactly the smart battery works

I thought I read it was 50% discharge after the 1st charge.
I received 2 new batteries yesterday so i charged them and discharged them both to 50%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic