Batteries won't self discharge.

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my battery to self discharge. I have it set for one day yet when I check three days later it is still fully charged. I am on all the latest firmware and app and I don't touch the battery at all but it won't discharge. With the extremely crap weather we have in the uk this feature is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I usually take the props off and turn the copter on and just leave it ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted now my mistake! I had it set for one day and checked it after two days. The battery still showed up full on the LEDs but when I put it in the quad it had self discharged by 10% and would have gone more if I had left it a few more days. I was just being over cautious as this is a full replacement new battery controller quad the lot and my first quad never performed self discharge when it should. Just need the weather to get out now. Rain and gales forecast for next few days typical. Thankyou for the replies. This forum is so helpful it's unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorted now my mistake! I had it set for one day and checked it after two days. The battery still showed up full on the LEDs but when I put it in the quad it had self discharged by 10% and would have gone more if I had left it a few more days.
That makes sense. It normally takes about 2 days for the battery to discharge down to 65%. That's of course after waiting a day for the discharge process to start.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl