Batteries reporting that they are not DJI, but I know they are?? Will not fly.

Reaction score
I have a couple DJI batteries that I know are authentic but they read "NOT DJI BATTERY". I sat them to the side until one that I have been flying said the same thing in mid flight. RED lights came on and I was worried the drone might crash but just that fast the warning went away, green lights came back on and the flight continued.

After that flight I tried the ones I had sat aside and they worked fine, but now they are back to saying that they are "NOT DJI BATTERY"??

Anybody have anything like this happen?? Any suggestions?

Thanks

These batteries carry both power and data and are on separate pins. I would start with cleaning the pins/contacts. I use a small eraser to lightly burnish them.

Geo

Reactions: VaderSpade
Thats common with the P2 batteries mine occasionally report that as well. I ignore it.

Thats common with the P2 batteries mine occasionally report that as well. I ignore it.
When I'm on the ground it wont allow me to fly so I can't. I'm learning to ignore the occasional flash when it happens in the air, but I still worry about a crash?

When I'm on the ground it wont allow me to fly so I can't. I'm learning to ignore the occasional flash when it happens in the air, but I still worry about a crash?
Mine have never shut down during flight but thats not to say it can't happen. As geo said above it cant hurt to clean the two small contacts on the batteries and check the pins inside the AC to make sure they are not binding up(they are spring loaded to maintain contact). Cant hurt to also connect the AC to ur computer and check that the fw is all good using the dji app.

I did the eraser thing and then tried them in a second Phantom 2 that I have with no WiFi and they worked fine.

I then tried them in the drone that had been giving me trouble and they work fine so far.

Eraser?, or did the other drone reset something? I don't know but they are working for now. Thanks for the help.

An eraser is an excellent tool for cleaning electrical contacts. I often use one when working on computers. A quick swipe with an eraser over ram or video card contacts makes em shiny and clean again. That likely solved your problem :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl