Batteries, maintenance and charging

Reaction score
I just flew my Phantom 4 Pro for the first time. Very very cool as I have never had a drone before.

I have a question concerning batteries.
Can you over charge a battery if you leave it on the charger?
Is it bad to leave fully charged batteries in the case for the next outing?
I watched a video and the lady on it stated never to charge a battery that was just removed from the Phantom, really?
Thanks guys!

No.

DJI recommends not keeping batteries fully charged for more than 10 days. By default, they will start auto discharging to the storage level after 10 days (if you don't press the battery button). That process takes 2-3 additional days to complete. If you'd like, you can decrease that setting all the way down to 1 day in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

I watched a video and the lady on it stated never to charge a battery that was just removed from the Phantom, really?
The batteries won't charge if they are too warm. Let them cool down before attempting to recharge them.

Reactions: jsposito
I just flew my Phantom 4 Pro for the first time. Very very cool as I have never had a drone before.

I have a question concerning batteries.
Thanks guys!

Normally dji charger takes care of over charging by switching off the battery and allow no more charge when it reaches a set level. But anything can fail, so it is recommended not to leave battery plugged to the charger after its charged.

As far as you are storing the charged battery in recommended ambient, it's ok to keep batteries in the case.

Batteries get hot after flying and it's thus recommended not to immediate charge them and over heat them during charging. Wait for them to cool down and then recharge.

Reactions: jsposito
These batteries are very reliable if you take care of them :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl