Basic Help -- On-Off Switch and Shutter Button

Reaction score
I put this here with tags to help anyone new to DJI. I have lots of time in on a 3DR Solo, but two issues drove me nuts with the P4P. (This took hours to figure out on my own; shame on me)

1. How the hell to turn it on? The trick is that you double tap the on button and hold on the second tap until the lights progress to on for the RC then again for the UAV (it is on the battery). Repeat to shut off.

2. What is with the shutter button? The P4P controller has a dedicated button to take stills, BUT it is a two-stage button and you have to press it all the way down.

I put this here with tags to help anyone new to DJI. I have lots of time in on a 3DR Solo, but two issues drove me nuts with the P4P. (This took hours to figure out on my own; shame on me)

1. How the hell to turn it on? The trick is that you double tap the on button and hold on the second tap until the lights progress to on for the RC then again for the UAV (it is on the battery). Repeat to shut off.

2. What is with the shutter button? The P4P controller has a dedicated button to take stills, BUT it is a two-stage button and you have to press it all the way down.

Suggest watching some videos on YouTube, what people link to on the forums, etc. You'll pick up the nuances of all the basics...

The shutter button on the P4P is awesome with the two stage click. It acts like a DSLR shutter button; half press to focus, full press to click the shutter and take the pic ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4