Barometer and Altitude readout

Reaction score
Since recalibrating the IMU on my P3S I've noticed the altitude readout says -4 ft when in fact I'm hovering 8 to 10 feet over the take off point. Would it make a difference because I calibrated on the second floor of a building? Drone seems to hold altitude well, just the readout was off. BTY was using Litchi. Thanks

The barometer is not that accurate. Give yourself plenty of wiggle room. Depending on weather conditions the barometer can be off 10-20 feet or so. Don't ever count on exact altitudes.

Pressure is always fluctuating and is also influenced by temperature changes as well.

Since the (DJI) IMU cal process is not documented and thus not totally understood, and, since it would require a known pressure at time and locale of calibration, it's likely the Baro cal is limited to reducing drift if anything.

Considering this, and, the take-off conditions are always different/changing, and DJI makes no mention of related Baro specifics, it is reasonable to expect this 2nd floor issue has no influence on your experiences.

Thank you for the comeback fellas. On a related note, the recalibration was the result of the recent upgrade. I've also noticed a somewhat more limited range to my wifi. The controller range appears to remain constant however. At 350 ft. distance the video signal drops to 70%. I couldn't fly further today because of certain local restraints. To be honest this behaviour may be as before and I just haven't noticed. I normally was getting at least 500m with no problem previously. Thanks again..

... I've also noticed a somewhat more limited range to my wifi. The controller range appears to remain constant however. At 350 ft. distance the video signal drops to 70%. I couldn't fly further today because of certain local restraints. To be honest this behaviour may be as before and I just haven't noticed. I normally was getting at least 500m with no problem previously. Thanks again..

I've seen the range change too. Altitude variance is always a bummer too.

Fwiw, we cut the TV cable and tossed along-range antenna on the roof and got some 60 free channels on the Channel Master DVR. On some days the signal is great as is the reception, but other days it gets pixleated badly being digital. I called one station to complain and they said "Their transmitter's signal is always running at the maximum allowed and doesn't waiver, but atmospheric gremlins do odd things to it at times, and it seems to affect different parts of town too for whatever reason while being great in other parts." He said "They had another station call and complain they were interfering with their signal, and they were 300 miles away which was a fluke."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl