Baltimore Area P3/P4 Pilots - Phantom Squadron Run

Reaction score
Sorry for duplicating this post but I know many only read specific boards:

I am wondering if any P3/P4 pilots in the Baltimore area would be interested in meeting up for a coordinated Litchi flight? You would need a P3 (any model) or P4, a good battery, & the Litchi app. You could probably do this with a P2 as well as long as you have a good battery. The planned mission is to load all participants with the same Litchi flight then all the birds would fly the mission in unison within 5-10 seconds of each other. Altitudes & launch points would be slightly staggered to avoid conflict. There would also be a few seconds between each aircraft engaging to space the birds out. This should provide for some incredible footage as more birds join the chain.

The planned flight is similar to the flight below. Launch from Port Covington, around Fort McHenry, up the harbor past Fell's Point & Harbor East, into the Inner Harbor, over Federal Hill, then a dramatic follow-the-leader circling of the Ritz-Carlton tower before passing Domino Sugars factor, McHenry Row, before returning to Port Covington. The vast majority of the mission is over water & never exceeds 400'. Still tweaking things but right now the mission is roughly 39,000' & runs 19 minutes @ 30 mph (hence the need for a reliable battery). My P3 Standard makes it back with ~ 22%.

Some craft will be set to track POIs while others will just face the next waypoint so there will be some great footage of other Phantoms in flight along the mission, particularly as they spiral around the Ritz.

If you don't want to fly the mission we could still use a few spotters at strategic locations like Harbor East, HarborPlace, Federal Hill, & near the Ritz. A video cam & tripod would be a great asset for spotters to catch foortage of the Phantoms passing by. If you might be interested in participating let me know.

Baltimore P3/P4 Squadron Run -

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20