Baltimore Area P3/P4 Pilots - Phantom Squadron Run

Latest version. 15:40. Just a few minor tweaks remain. Check the building flyby @ 10:40.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is the much-less-dramatic "Next Waypoint" test:

Reactions: Slick Wilderness
Here is the video from yesterday's test flight (no sound). Still tweaking things.

Wow! When I grow up I wanna fly like you do! Love your technique for panning, when to fly sideways, when to back up....beautiful!

But how in the world do you fly that route without getting in trouble!

The video or the flight plan? For the flight plan go to Litchi Mission Planner (via your web browser), log into your Litchi account, & you load the CSV data file into Mission Planner. Save it as your own mission & then you can load it into the Litchi app.

How can I load this in iOS?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Lol thanks! :) Most of the flight is over water. It's only Ring-Around-the-Ritz that's edgy and you're in & out so quickly even those who notice the Phantom barely have time to react. It always amazes me how oblivious most folks are to their surroundings.

Wow! When I grow up I wanna fly like you do! Love your technique for panning, when to fly sideways, when to back up....beautiful!

But how in the world do you fly that route without getting in trouble!

Latest version. 15:40. Just a few minor tweaks remain. Check the building flyby @ 10:40.

Here is the much-less-dramatic "Next Waypoint" test:

Test 2 with POI is really stunning with the city lights on. I think that you should default the mission to Sunset/Dusk as it really is so much better

The video or the flight plan? For the flight plan go to Litchi Mission Planner (via your web browser), log into your Litchi account, & you load the CSV data file into Mission Planner. Save it as your own mission & then you can load it into the Litchi app.
Web browser in iOS, or pic?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is the "Harbor Shot" flight plan final....just going to do a minor tweak on camera yaw in two places. 37,883' total distance. Got back in 15:55 @ 29% battery with an 8 mph SE wind (P3 Standard). Still hoping to find some Baltimore area pilots up to the challenge!

A modified night version of the run. (dropped Fort McHenry since it isn't illuminated, added in Silo Point, UnderArmor HQ, 4 big ships)

A modified night version of the run. (dropped Fort McHenry since it isn't illuminated, added in Silo Point, UnderArmor HQ, 4 big ships)

This is the "Harbor Shot" flight plan final....just going to do a minor tweak on camera yaw in two places. 37,883' total distance. Got back in 15:55 @ 29% battery with an 8 mph SE wind (P3 Standard). Still hoping to find some Baltimore area pilots up to the challenge!

How did it feel seeing your bird fly out of sight and hoping that it would return within the time of the flight?

I have over 40 long-range Litchi missions under my belt so I don't feel much trepidation unless I'm doing something brand new or really edgy. I have 100% confidence in Litchi & the Phantom's abilities to follow my flight plan. It's up to me to make sure I have plotted the flight path & altitudes properly & to not over-extend the battery runtime.

How did it feel seeing your bird fly out of sight and hoping that it would return within the time of the flight?

I have over 40 long-range Litchi missions under my belt so I don't feel much trepidation unless I'm doing something brand new or really edgy. I have 100% confidence in Litchi & the Phantom's abilities to follow my flight plan. It's up to me to make sure I have plotted the flight path & altitudes properly & to not over-extend the battery runtime.
How was the first fight

First P3 autonomous flight was within LOS with lots of waypoints & altitude changes so I could keep an eye on things & abort as necessary. First long-distance was a slight pucker factor. To go back to when I really got nervous I have to go back to my first autonomous flight with my Vision+. Here it is in all it's glory...fisheye & all! I think the total flight distance for this was around 7.5 miles. She does have a Flytrrex installed so I was watching the mission progress in real time on my computer until she came back into range.

How was the first fight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers