Balancing of props?

aartsf said:
In my opinion the original props of dji are perfectly balanced just right out of the box. Only not original props might need balansing. Therefor, I would recommend to invest in original fji props and not in al kins of balansing equipement

For the most part you are correct about DJI stock props being balanced out of the package. But I have have found CCW props that had hub and blade unbalanced. So I don't take anything for granite any more since it's so easy to check them.

aartsf said:
In my opinion the original props of dji are perfectly balanced just right out of the box. Only not original props might need balansing. Therefor, I would recommend to invest in original fji props and not in al kins of balansing equipement

Mine are original 9450 props

I have two sets of 9443s and one set of 9450s. None of my props were balanced.

jason said:
aartsf said:

For the most part you are correct about DJI stock props being balanced out of the package. But I have have found CCW props that had hub and blade unbalanced. So I don't take anything for granite any more since it's so easy to check them.
Might not be able to read Jason but us folks with P2V 's can spell ! granted not granite :shock:
You are right though they are easy to check ;)

Attachments

• granite.jpg
    granite.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 329
aartsf said:
That may or may not be true, but there are two things that I have observed,

1) One time, I installed genuine DJI replacement props on my V3 vision+ and noticed vibration which wasn't there with the previous set.

and 2) As you use props, they will go out of balance. How? Insect guts, marks from grass and the sandpaper effect of dust and other airborne particles does affect the balance. Even after washing insect guts off my blades, I've noticed scuffs and other things as well as vibration that wasn't there from when the props were new. Also, if you hit an insect in just the right way, it can take a tiny nick out of the leading edge of the blade. I observed that after a small swarm of wasps.

Joeg1937 said:
Holrits said:
You can see my Jello here: http://youtu.be/FtxJC_s4ugM

Wow now that's real jello...those props really need balancing
I've had vibration before, but not that effect. Your jello looks more like a recording issue (camera/firmware?) because it ripples across the frame instead of shaking the whole frame.

Narrator said:
Joeg1937 said:
Holrits said:
You can see my Jello here: http://youtu.be/FtxJC_s4ugM

Wow now that's real jello...those props really need balancing
I've had vibration before, but not that effect. Your jello looks more like a recording issue (camera/firmware?) because it ripples across the frame instead of shaking the whole frame.

Well, it is the cam that comes with a FC40.

I spotted one thing yesterday, the gimbal engines that hold the cam horizontal was in a little struckle and was making Very small vibration, to try hold its position. I added a coin (10~gram) on top of The cam and it actually stopped. So i have attached The coin on it now, hoping this might fix the bad picture/Jello stuff?

Now the gimbal seems to be more in balance horizontal. How should it "hang" when power is OFF? Should it be horizontal by itself or hang to the "engine" site?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl