Bad video feed Phantom 4

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked many times, but i still feel i want to start my own thread about it.

I just bought a used Phantom 4 and i get a very bad video feed with the screen going green and sometimes black and pixelating of the screen.
This happens sometimes briefly when the remote controller and the craft is only about 1 meter from each other (virtually right beside each other), and happens more reguarly and for longer periods of time after i have flown about less than 100 meters out.

Im using the latest Phantom 4 firmware for the craft and the remote controller.
Im using the latest GO 4 app version for IOS (4.2.8), but i have tried with lower app versions as well and the problem is there anyway.

Is there any known Lightbridge video transmission issues on the latest P4 firmware?

Can it be an idea to try to downgrade the firmware? If yes do i try downgrading both the craft firmware and the remote firmware?

Also does the 32 channel mod work on the latest GO 4 app versions?
Ive tried it but i did not get the 32 channels in the GO 4 app, i still only had channels 13-20.

Suggestions and ideas are highly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

I would try a different tablet or phone first. What are you using now?

I know this question has been asked many times, but i still feel i want to start my own thread about it.

I just bought a used Phantom 4 and i get a very bad video feed with the screen going green and sometimes black and pixelating of the screen.
This happens sometimes briefly when the remote controller and the craft is only about 1 meter from each other (virtually right beside each other), and happens more reguarly and for longer periods of time after i have flown about less than 100 meters out.

Im using the latest Phantom 4 firmware for the craft and the remote controller.
Im using the latest GO 4 app version for IOS (4.2.8), but i have tried with lower app versions as well and the problem is there anyway..

Is there any known Lightbridge video transmission issues on the latest P4 firmware?

Can it be an idea to try to downgrade the firmware? If yes do i try downgrading both the craft firmware and the remote firmware?

Also does the 32 channel mod work on the latest GO 4 app versions?
Ive tried it but i did not get the 32 channels in the GO 4 app, i still only had channels 13-20.

Suggestions and ideas are highly appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Yeh not much info on device you use...for start are you sure you got right version,unsure but ios version is 4.1.22 or I read something wrong..I use android and that's same version number as I use,try apple playstore or what ever it called,(can't remember. Long day)this could be why you got real bad transmission,,(same version I mean 4.2.8)..try another usb cord aswell,could be at fault

Im using a iPhone 6+, but i have also tried with my iPad Mini 2 and its the same on both.

The thing i find strange is that if it is the very common problem of bad video transmission range it would probably only happen after one has flown a certain distance?
In my case it has been happening briefly also when the remote controller and the craft is just beside each other. What happens is that the screen gets green or black and the GO 4 app shows the bad video signal message or whatever its called?

By the way i have tried both the GO app and the GO 4 app, and it happens with both apps.
I´m not totally sure about the version number, but its the latest version of the iOS app.
Ive also tried with lower app versions (4.1.14 and 4.1.18).

I was trying to fly with the iPad Mini 2 as well. The A7 chip in there just doesn't have what it takes any more to run Go 4. I switched to my iPhone 7 and the issue was resolved but I didn't want to run with my phone due to the screen size.

Luckily, Best Buy is running a trade-in promotion where I was able to get $125.00 for my Mini 2, so I was able to replace it with a 2018 iPad 32gb WIFI model for around $200.00. It has a 495 nit screen and an A10 processor, along with 2 gb of RAM. I test flew today out to 1400 feet and the video was solid throughout the flight.

It's a lot easier to fly and shoot video without all the green screens and blackouts!

Most retailers have reduced the price on the 2017 iPad to around $279 for the 32GB WIFI model. It's A9 chip should also do a better job than the iPad Mini 2.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Im using a iPhone 6+, but i have also tried with my iPad Mini 2 and its the same on both.

The thing i find strange is that if it is the very common problem of bad video transmission range it would probably only happen after one has flown a certain distance?
In my case it has been happening briefly also when the remote controller and the craft is just beside each other. What happens is that the screen gets green or black and the GO 4 app shows the bad video signal message or whatever its called?

By the way i have tried both the GO app and the GO 4 app, and it happens with both apps.
I´m not totally sure about the version number, but its the latest version of the iOS app.
Ive also tried with lower app versions (4.1.14 and 4.1.18).

I was trying to fly with the iPad Mini 2 as well. The A7 chip in there just doesn't have what it takes any more to run Go 4. I switched to my iPhone 7 and the issue was resolved but I didn't want to run with my phone due to the screen size.

Luckily, Best Buy is running a trade-in promotion where I was able to get $125.00 for my Mini 2, so I was able to replace it with a 2018 iPad 32gb WIFI model for around $200.00. It has a 495 nit screen and an A10 processor, along with 2 gb of RAM. I test flew today out to 1400 feet and the video was solid throughout the flight.

It's a lot easier to fly and shoot video without all the green screens and blackouts!

Most retailers have reduced the price on the 2017 iPad to around $279 for the 32GB WIFI model. It's A9 chip should also do a better job than the iPad Mini 2.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Actually i just had that hought yesterday if the iPad Mini 2 isnt powerful enough and that might cause the bad video feed?
Because i noticed yesterday that the GO 4 app gave me a "Warning - Mobile CPU fully loaded" message and then the video feed got bad, that happened a couple of times yesterday.

On the other hand the bad video feed has happened many times with my iPhone 6+ as well, and on those occasions the CPU fully loaded message has not been shown.
So i don´t know if a not powerful enough mobile device is the only reason for the crappy video feed?
I wish that was the only reason for the problem since it would be easy to remedy the problem, but i will absolutely try with a more powerful device as soon as i can get my hands on one.

It seems the GO 4 app is much more CPU hungry than what it was in the earlier versions, but i guess thats maybe normal for apps that gets updated and gets new function added etc.?

I am also having issues with the feed, its only on the screen while navigating, any photos that I take are clear (both on the phone and the SD card)
any ideas on what to change to fix the problem as its hard to navigate safety IMG_1101.PNG IMG_1112.JPG
the first photo is the screen shot, the second is the photo from the same feed.

I am also having issues with the feed, its only on the screen while navigating, any photos that I take are clear (both on the phone and the SD card)
any ideas on what to change to fix the problem as its hard to navigate safetyView attachment 101589 View attachment 101590
Have you had a try in transmission channels,don't need to fly to test just turn all on and go custom channel see if it better,also make sure you have good usb cord,

Reactions: Sommy
any ideas on what to change to fix the problem as its hard to navigate safetyView attachment 101589 View attachment 101590
the first photo is the screen shot, the second is the photo from the same feed.
Turn off the overexposure warning in the camera settings.
It looks like you also need to dial the exposure compensation back to EV0 or EV-0.3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj