Bad RC firmware update???

Reaction score
Ok I've been trying to figure this out for days now. I've read so many threads. It seems a lot of people are having the same issue I am after the 1.6.8 update for the p3s. I do think I have something new to share. After seeing the trick to downgrade the firmware of the RC I tied it myself, but after holding the academy hat button I found something I didn't expect or see. It says "get firmware version failed" (I'll provide a screenshot) I have tried all the other fixes including resyncing the RC, even found an old firmware file and forced that firmware successfully downgrading the phantom to the previous Fw (still no joy there same message on the hat trick screen) then tried reupgrading back to 1.6.8 thinking it would wipe the RC firmware clean and start fresh. But still get that same message "get firmware version failed"... Like a lot of people my RC signal is terrible lately. It drops in and out at low altitudes and short distances. Either it's the firmware on the RC or a wire is loose somewhere. Anyone else have any suggestions. Again, I know there are other threads dealing with the signal issue, but never seen anyone bring up this message, so I thought I would throw it out there....
3405bc0c356225432a8a43622b6fab12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just realized there was a separate help section. My apologies to the admins for posting this here. I can repost in the other section.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl